Bad experience at the store today!

That's what everyone is saying now. I assume someone who has a close relationship with their SA confirmed it.

Post April 2016 in my country, I FELT a huge difference with my SA. I felt EXTRA effort, extra smiles.. even fresh juice (grape AND strawberry with fresh fruit at the rim) while I was browsing... So I believe it's true even if I never asked my SA straight. :biggrin:

I wonder if that's why I was offered something to drink? That's never ever happened before and it actually happened twice in one morning at two different LV's.

Hi everyone.

Today I was at the LV store that I have been going to for years, my amazing SA relocated last year and I have not gotten a new "regular" SA. I went into the store with my mom who dresses very casually. We waited for an entire hour to be served, my mom later told me she was looked up and down my several SAs and felt very unwelcome. I did not see this but if I had we would have left immediately.

When it was finally our turn I asked for the new Rosalie wallet that was unfortunately not in stock and asked if they could put the item away for me or text me when it did come back in. The SA who has worked there for years kept insisting I come by the store myself sometime next week. I explained that I work and if they could put it away or at least text me it would make everything so much easier. The SA refused and we left the store ten minutes after waiting for an entire hour.

Keep in mind I have been a loyal customer for years and for them to look my mom up and down like she is unworthy of being in that store is beyond appalling. Whenever I have been in there myself I have always been treated with dignity and respect and have had them put away items for me on numerous occasions. I was planning on purchasing the Capucines pm for my birthday but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

What do you think of the situation, am I overreacting? And should I still get the bag after this? Would love to hear your thoughts!

No your are not overacting. Discrimination or any kind is in the perception of the individual(s) involved because their life experience is unique. The whole idea of customer service is simply the word "customer." The fact that no one greeted you properly or even made you feel comfortable and welcome NO MATTER how busy they are is unacceptable. LV is not a fast food restaurant or chain. Even at Gap or Chick-fil-A customers are asked by more than one employee "are you finding everything ok?"

The service you received at your local boutique is sad. Because that's not the LV I know and have grown up with.

Please tell your beautiful mother how upset we all are to hear that LV didn't treat her like the queen she is,
And honor her for having such a lovely daughter.

No your are not overacting. Discrimination or any kind is in the perception of the individual(s) involved because their life experience is unique. The whole idea of customer service is simply the word "customer." The fact that no one greeted you properly or even made you feel comfortable and welcome NO MATTER how busy they are is unacceptable. LV is not a fast food restaurant or chain. Even at Gap or Chick-fil-A customers are asked by more than one employee "are you finding everything ok?"

The service you received at your local boutique is sad. Because that's not the LV I know and have grown up with.

Please tell your beautiful mother how upset we all are to hear that LV didn't treat her like the queen she is,
And honor her for having such a lovely daughter.

Sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes, typing all this on my phone ... Fat thumbs

Agree. You are making an assumption based on an event that you did not witness. The fact that you had to wait your turn, implies that it was a very busy day in that store. They may have been looking at you wondering what you were doing standing around. :smile: If you're too busy to check the store, try calling the CS and have them put one on hold for you.
First, there is a diference between looking at someone, and looking someone up and down. Second, if you have let them know you want an SA helping you and you have to wait for an hour what are you supposed to be doing other then standing around? They knew we needed an SA´s help and were not just there browsing. Third, if my mom felt the staff was being condesending because of the way they were looking at her I´m not going to question that. They might not have looked me up and down per se but they certainly gave off a negative vibe that I felt too. 90% of all communication is non verbal so I don´t need someone to verbally tell me to get lost to know that is what they mean.

Last edited:
Hi lifelover,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at LV. I've had my own bad experiences before. There's one SA I truly hate. She gave me a sour taste in mouth for awhile too. She was sooo rude.... She's so rude that even other SAs comment that she is rude... So whenever I go into the store, I go right past her.

There are just some mean people for whatever reason that makes them that way. What I would do is go back into LV, maybe another location or the same one and just find another SA that will gladly help you. Nothing wrong with going back in. Usually I find better SAs during non peak hours. Busy hours are when I get the meh service. Plus, you build a better relationship with your SA when it's not so packed.

If you like the bag, don't let this bad experience steer you away. You deserve the bag you want and as a paying customer, should be treated respectfully =]

Hopefully you have a better experience next time!

Hi lifelover,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at LV. I've had my own bad experiences before. There's one SA I truly hate. She gave me a sour taste in mouth for awhile too. She was sooo rude.... She's so rude that even other SAs comment that she is rude... So whenever I go into the store, I go right past her.

There are just some mean people for whatever reason that makes them that way. What I would do is go back into LV, maybe another location or the same one and just find another SA that will gladly help you. Nothing wrong with going back in. Usually I find better SAs during non peak hours. Busy hours are when I get the meh service. Plus, you build a better relationship with your SA when it's not so packed.

If you like the bag, don't let this bad experience steer you away. You deserve the bag you want and as a paying customer, should be treated respectfully =]

Hopefully you have a better experience next time!

+1 agree above post

Yes been there done.. Even goes to different SA when my fave SA very busy serve his/her customers

Not hurt for trying different SA and same time getting know new SA

I avoid newbie SA due his/her limited knowledge unless stick to buy one thing so make easier for newbie 😄😄😄

I'm sure if your mom feels they were looking her up and down they were. Perhaps try a new SA or go to a different LV if there is another one in your area. Don't let this one bad experience turn you off the brand. It is the SA's loss and remember they just work there; they are not any better than anyone else.

There are No excuses for rudeness. It costs nothing to be polite and kind. That said I would march back in that same LV store whenever you would like, but the sooner the better. And IF that same SA tries to assist you, just say "No thanks I am waiting on another SA." There!!!! That'll teach him/her....but even if not.....it'll feel good.

You shouldn't be looked down on or made to feel bad anywhere or at any time.
I do feel though that people give the SA's too much power, after all 'they do only work in shop'
they aren't curing cancer etc
Most of them are lovely, helpful people who should be working with the public but there's rude people in all professions.

Tell them point blank

"I feel I am not getting the service I have gotten in the past. Your customer service skills unfortunately leave a lot to be desired and I would like to speak to a manager"

These people are not the king or queen of England. They are hourly employees at a regular job. Selling purses. Don't feel bad for standing up for yourself and telling them they are being rude. If enough people speak up and complain then they will fired.

Hi everyone.

Today I was at the LV store that I have been going to for years, my amazing SA relocated last year and I have not gotten a new "regular" SA. I went into the store with my mom who dresses very casually. We waited for an entire hour to be served, my mom later told me she was looked up and down my several SAs and felt very unwelcome. I did not see this but if I had we would have left immediately.

When it was finally our turn I asked for the new Rosalie wallet that was unfortunately not in stock and asked if they could put the item away for me or text me when it did come back in. The SA who has worked there for years kept insisting I come by the store myself sometime next week. I explained that I work and if they could put it away or at least text me it would make everything so much easier. The SA refused and we left the store ten minutes after waiting for an entire hour.

Keep in mind I have been a loyal customer for years and for them to look my mom up and down like she is unworthy of being in that store is beyond appalling. Whenever I have been in there myself I have always been treated with dignity and respect and have had them put away items for me on numerous occasions. I was planning on purchasing the Capucines pm for my birthday but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

What do you think of the situation, am I overreacting? And should I still get the bag after this? Would love to hear your thoughts!

No, you are NOT overreacting. This is exactly why I only shop online.

Hi everyone.

Not at all.

I think this is something to think about. If the SA (who is supposed to represent brand values) treated my mother that way, then I'd probably question if that brand is in line with my values.

Some SAs are complete morons and super judgmental. I would not not return to the store based on this one interaction. Some SAs are just plain awesome. When you or your mom are being looked up and down, just remember they are petty and sad beings.

Tell them point blank

"I feel I am not getting the service I have gotten in the past. Your customer service skills unfortunately leave a lot to be desired and I would like to speak to a manager"

These people are not the king or queen of England. They are hourly employees at a regular job. Selling purses. Don't feel bad for standing up for yourself and telling them they are being rude. If enough people speak up and complain then they will fired.

This is what i would do.Go in again and i would see what happens. I get that stores get busy but a simple we will be with you asap wouldn't go amiss. If there was bad service again i would speak to a manager.If no joy with the manager, email HQ and suggest more customer service training would be a good idea.They refused to contact a customer when an item comes back in the store? Bad CS there too. Doesn't take much effort to be nice to people really does it?

For what it is worth, I can relate…I have gone to a NJ LV store several times and EVERY time I have been treated poorly. It used to make me really sad and insecure to read all the posts on these forums about people with their "SA relationships", how well they are treated, etc…I felt like there was something wrong with me because I never had an experience CLOSE to that!

Ironically, I had the TOTAL opposite experience in NY at the 5th Avenue store…They could not be nicer in that store…from the second they opened the door, through my entire visit…I have only gone in twice, and only made a small purchase (REALLY small…LOL), but they could not have been nicer! While it is not at all convenient for me, and I probably pay more in tax - I don't care…I will be going there from now on. I don't have a "SA relationship" and probably never will…I simply don't buy enough, but I just appreciate them being NICE when I walk in!