Bad experience at LV store

^Oh I didn't know that. I thought it was so strange that you were sort of committed to a buy once you made the payment. I just assumed that because it says that on the receipt (the just store credit for returns).

In that case, def. get it somewhere else if you can.

That sounds exactly like what happens everytime I go into the Beverly Center LV. And I have bought a lot of stuff in there in the past... I will never buy anything in the store ever again.

I Had a rude SA there too! Must be the place my gf went to touch a
bag cause everyone else around us were grabbing the bag and the SA went straight to her and said she couldnt do that. I saw F that and we left. Prob shouldnt touch the bag? but why single her out when everyone else was doing the same??

I am not coming to some SA's defence, but SA are only human and they do have "off" days. I'd speak to the manager, to say that you felt that certain SA was not treating you right. And make an appointment before coming in so that you'd be seen to straight away.

Sorry. That's not an "off day". That's an "I'm a total f-ing b@#ch every day"!!! Absolutely NO ONE has a bad enough day that they should treat the valued customers of the company that writes their paychecks, poorly. A complaint definately needs to be taken up with corporate and this SA should be relieved of their job immediately. This is my biggest peeve. I am seething right now. Okay Hoothy, just breathe... Count backwards from 10 sloooowly.... 10...9...8...7............... Where's my wine???

Thanks so much for the support everyone! i really needed that.
I really don't get why i was treated that way, i also carried a mezzo bag when i went in the store (but then again, every customer that was in the store had a lv bag with them), but they kind of looked snobbish at me and then ignored me, almost like they don't want me to carry lv or something.

I already went back to ask for the lock&key immediately the day after i purchased it, but they laughed at me and so today i'll try to get a refund and buy it elsewhere. I also called the store manager yesterday and explained in a calm way what happened. Guess what, the manager first put me on hold and then told me that the SA DID give me the lock and that if i wanted a lock i can buy it!! Honestly, i don't even think they will take it back if i go back to that LV store, just because i don't have that damn lock! I'm so angry. This was my first and last time to the Amsterdam store! I'll probably go back to london or antwerp.

That sounds exactly like what happens everytime I go into the Beverly Center LV. And I have bought a lot of stuff in there in the past... I will never buy anything in the store ever again.

OMG YES... I got my first LV (mono speedy 30) there in January. Then I went back there for my Damier speedy 30 a few weeks ago... The girl who helped me was kind of backhandedly nice. I wasn't a 100% sure on the speedy 30 or the MM neverfull... and I was just taking a few extra minutes to see what one i liked more... I could see she was rolling her eyes. And she made a big sigh when I asked her to box it up.... I also had to almost had to do a back filp to get any kind of attention... I was thinking of asking where in LA was good to go, cause I have the same problem at Century City as well.

Thanks so much for the support everyone! i really needed that.
I really don't get why i was treated that way, i also carried a mezzo bag when i went in the store (but then again, every customer that was in the store had a lv bag with them), but they kind of looked snobbish at me and then ignored me, almost like they don't want me to carry lv or something.

I already went back to ask for the lock&key immediately the day after i purchased it, but they laughed at me and so today i'll try to get a refund and buy it elsewhere. I also called the store manager yesterday and explained in a calm way what happened. Guess what, the manager first put me on hold and then told me that the SA DID give me the lock and that if i wanted a lock i can buy it!! Honestly, i don't even think they will take it back if i go back to that LV store, just because i don't have that damn lock! I'm so angry. This was my first and last time to the Amsterdam store! I'll probably go back to london or antwerp.

Wow, I can't believe that. Maybe you should bring someone (a relative or a close friend) with you when you return it. Maybe they will hold back being so rude.
I hope things work out for you. Let us know how it turned out!

You sure made me think again about getting my next items there, even though they were nice to me, I just hate snobbish people..

OMG!! That is horrible the way you were treated. It seems like they were messing with you from the very beginning. They were probably laughing because they knew they didn't give you a lock on purpose and wanted to see what you would do. I sure hope you get this straightened out in your favor. Please keep us informed as to what happens. Demand a refund in the store and cause a scene in front of people if you need to. I would definitely call corporate about the situation as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Didn't expect them to be like that. Sometimes i also go there to buy my bags, but i did notice a few SA that look not friendly.

It is not nice they treat you like this. If it was not us buying bags, they would not even get /have a job there.
My friend had a problem with her galliera bag , but the SA said she couldn't do anything. She didn't took my friend seriously. Then the manager came and took a picture of the bag and would send it to France, to see if they can repair the bag.
The manager seems to be very helpfull at that time.

Do you have the name of the SA that has helped you ? Her name should be written on the bill. So we dutch PF people will not buy from her anymore. In fact we should be carefull with her. She said that she has giving you the lock, but in fact she has kept it for herself.

If you bring back your bag for a refund be sure you can spend the store credit in all LV in europe. Take the advice of Roxana , bring someone with you . Remember they were wrong and not you .
Good luck with bringing it back.

So sorry to hear about yr bad experience in the store. I v been in the store too and I can only agree with you that certain SA s are indeed very snobbish/rude! Such a treatment would really be my worst nightmare, you r spending good money in there and still have to put up with their snobbiness :cursing: But I also know there are a few very helpfull and most friendly SA s working there, I now only buy stuff when they are in the store. To other SA s I just say 'still looking around...' ..Buying LV should be a pleasant experience, certainly not a bad one! Who was the SA who sold you the bag?? So we could indeed avoid her from now on.
But the sad part of all is....the MANAGER is probably the biggest snob over there!! So I m afraid if you r planning to complain to her...it s only a waste of time AND you get an even worst treatment.....And I don t believe we have any complaint lines in here either (unlike UK and USA), so the best thing is probably to write the complaint to the head office in Paris!!
I really hope everything works out for you...It would really be ridiculous to have to buy LV abroad, when there s a store in your own country! And from what I v heared the return policy in NL is only a credit note, never in cash, but then the credit note is valid in the stores in Europe....Wishing you all the luck, like Roxana and Jjanais said, bring someone along. Don t go by yourself....And again it s your right and their wrong doing...Pls let us know how it turned out, again: good luck!

Thats why I always act snobbish at LV stores, they cant be snobbish to a snobbish *lolz*

But seriously, dont be too friendly with SA's -- deal with them in a way that they know they can't play around nor be improper in front of you. If you find them nice then be nice to them throughout, but dont be too nice first.

I don't get the attitudes that some SAs have. They work there as sales people. What is the problem with doing your job and helping a customer? I think sometimes the fact that they work in a luxury store goes to their head.

BTW I notice a big difference in how I am treated by some snobby SAs based on what I am wearing. Just from work in a black suite - they jump all over me. On the weekend with the kids & stroller in tow - nothing unless I ask for help. Like yesterday... I went to LV with kids in tow b/c I knew that they finally had the bag I wanted in stock. The SA was snobby until she entered my name into her computer, then she was bending over backwards to help me.

Last edited:
i'm so sorry this has happened to you!

i've been to the amsterdam store once, and i was not impressed
since i am closer to Antwerp i always go there and they threat me like i'm a princess
they are SUUPER nice, always great me and are just super friendly
so if you live close enough to Antwerp, maybe you can shop there in the future
i promise you won't be dissapointed ;)

I'm from the Netherlands as well, I had one bad experience in Amsterdam when I was buying an agenda there, I was literally the only one in the store and no one helped me, then after 10 mins the SA asked if she could help me, I told I wanted the agenda, I paid, she wrapped it up and that was it. But other than that I've always had nice experiences there, what did the SA's look like? There's this blonde woman who is somewhere between 40 and 50 years old and she is so lovely, and I was at LV last thursday and there were 2 sweet asian women who asked to help me. It's so different, I didn't have any of my LV bags with me, I had this invito bag (that everyone in the netherlands has lol) and they were just really nice. I have no idea what it depends on!!
And the way the manager reacted is really rude! I don't know where in Netherlands you live (ik in Noord-Holland en Zuid-Holland, afhankelijk van of ik bij mn ouders ben of niet, dus Amsterdam is voor mij de enige optie), but Antwerpen seems to be a really great store, so maybe you should try it there next time because I can totally understand how an experience like this is enough for you to be done with that store for the rest of your life! The SA's at Chanel in the pc hooftstraat are grumpy rude women as well btw