Bad experience at Hermes Plam Beach

Today, I truly was thinking about calling the manager and expressing my feelings on behalf of the many that have entered PB. It is really sad and I don't think it will get any better when they relocate across the street.

I am sooo tempted...I need to gather my thoughts and be organized on that telephone call.

I feel badly for anyone who vacations and feels walking down Worth Avenue and entering that boutique will be a great experience. They should realize they are making such a bad name for our area etc.

Imagine living here and trying to be serviced from your local H boutique...it just does not happen. I really feel for all of you who stuck with me this past year and heard me complain...maybe now you can see a bit clearer my frustrations.

I thank you all for helping me with leathers, colors, pics and anything I have ever asked...this is exactly why I need you all. My boutique is awful!

I would write a letter to the Head of Marketing USA instead.
The store might be commissioned out and it may well be that this is the manager's 'personal style' that you are all experiencing. Which in fact does damage the Hermes brand and the customer's awareness of the brand, so Marketing would be the right address IMO.

KB, I feel for you! :sad:

When I felt compelled to complain (when a particular SA said I was too *ahem* large for any bag under a 35cm) I sent a letter directly to Hermes corporate. I promptly received a lovely letter from them...and a phone call from the obviously ticked off manager of the store who proceeded to tell me in a totally annoyed voice oh, sorry that happened :rolleyes: but in the future don't call corporate call me directly. But I have a feeling this was more because they got in trouble with corporate not because he was going to do anything about it as I still get craptacular service from this store.:P

It would be really funny if somebody had the guts in a situation like this to ask the offensive SA - "did you ever see the movie Pretty Woman".....I think everybody better practice their comebacks before going there - I know I will - will be there in this winter. and they are not going to keep me from browsing or buying LOL - at least I hope I'll be there this winter - there's a horse illness right now and Fla. is closed to bringing horses in or out.

I took offence to the dismissive and inefficient service at my store. To cut a long story short, they lost my Birkin and due to ignorant SAs, things got REALLY screwed up big time. I let it known that I'm EXTREMELY disappointed and I want an apology letter from the GM.

Lo and behold, I received a Fedex package with a "i'm very sorry..." letter and a pair of Hermes towels.

I think all too often we keep our mouths shut (I'm very guilty of this) and don't want to cause a scene when we received bad service.

KB and others who have had bad experiences at this store - it's definitely time to say something.

KB, you are wonderfully diplomatic and I think you'll come with the perfect words to say or write. :smile:

OK, guys. Today I ran into my EX-SA from the SF boutique and I was telling him about the less-than-stellar customer service at this particular store. He said that for anyone who is treated poorly in any way in ANY store, the thing they should do is complain directly to the HR Manager. Right away. Because it's not Hermes policy to have bad customer service! It's usually the fault of the manager either hiring incorrectly or keeping poor sales staff or not motivating the sales staff properly.

KB......I encourage you to take a few moments and write that letter. It can't hurt and if anything, might make all the difference in the world!!!!

KB, too bad to know this thing happens.

u have been too nice and tolerant to ur local store.

U should speak out and let the headquarter knows that a lot of customers have been having negative experiences there. They definitely should do something about that.

Sounds like she needs a little fiber in her diet!

I'm sorry that happened to you, thats the way the SA's are at H SCP here. I was able to walk in there after I spent about $20,000.00 elsewhere that day and pull a Julia Roberts and say BIG MISTAKE! HUGE! I bet if I told them I had a employee bonus in my pocket and wanted to spend it on me they would have been nicer. Nope, someone else got my business and I havent been back since.

My daughter went in there a while after me and took up about 2 hours of the SA's time "deciding", she never had any intention of buying a thing, then she said arent you, so and so? you treated my Mom very badly, I dont want anything after all, and walked out! ha. love it.

I find that both South Florida stores, Palm Beach and Bal Harbor, have a high rudeness factor. Sorry you had to experience like I too have. I travel elsewhere for good service.