bad experience at Chanel!!

So sorry to hear that. If this happen to me I could really get mad too.
And I agreed with the idea that you shouldn't have to dress up to buy luyxury items, after all you are the one who pay for luxury, and good service is main part of that otherwise it'd be called lux, right? Her only (job) existence is to serve you, customer.

But then I would pitty the SA instead of getting mad becasue if she knows better (or knows anything at all) she wouldn't do this, it's her job to give you service otherwise she should go find other job. (if she continues with that attitude she probably loose her job anyway) So, consider her stupidity like a disease she has or something.

Don't let this upset you, it's not worth it.

Call me cynical, but of course a SA will be super nice over the phone. The customer gets straight to the point. They want such and such a bag and they have their credit card ready to read out the number. Can there be any easier sale than that? :shrugs:

I like to wear my nicer clothes when I go shopping because wearing them to work is stupid and very pointless. I have to get some wear out of my designer things somewhere and it might as well be out shopping. I still get ignored by SAs and have no idea what it takes to get them to call me or hunt down an item.

I think the only solution would be for all SAs to be on 100% commission so that they are desperate for sales.

jayne, customers call SAs about the most random things, whether a bag is in stock or not, and they'd like to see it IRL, or to hold something, or to ask for another store's number! not just to purchase goods, so it's safe to assume that that SA is nice overall.

as for nicer clothes when you shop, i don't think SAs should judge based on whether someone is wearing nice clothes or not. for me it's about approachablity. i've been bitten too many times to just approach everyone right away. i only do so if they look like they need help, otherwise a simple hi, and my name would do.

and SAs 100% on commission is horrible as A) this could create ackwardness, just today one of the "top sellers" was desperate in my store because she was the lowest seller, even pitted against the managers with a mere 500$, so when she recognized a lady who shopped with her a few times before who did NOT state that she was shopping with her solely, this seller warned everyone that it was "her" customer and not to "approach" her. needless to say, she was loud in her "warning" and they left without a purchase.

B) it sucks to have your paycheck deducted when the commissions go away because of a return.

and lastly SAs shouldn't feel "desperate". while they should be there to help, not to feel like their paychecks depends on the customer! there should be an equal amount of respect between the two. not a back and forth of,

customer:"you need my money!"

sales:"i don't care if you shop here or not, i don't need your money! (with the implication that there are others who wil spend that much)"

----

I am upset that you were treated this way, I can't even finish reading the responses.

I never dress up to go shopping, ever. If I walked in and no one came over to assist me, and they were not helping other customers, I would have called out loud for assistance. I would give them some attitude. It seems when you give them some attitude, they usually calm down and become more helpful.

Of course you can always ask for the manager and calmly explained what happened. These SA'smake a huge mistake judging people by what they are wearing, to me this is inexperience and just plain foolish too.

Hillarys is this the NM in Fashion Island bc there's always a girl there that pretends to be on the computer. I never buy from her. As for the boutique, my sister in law and i where once ignored, we told my MIL, long story short the manager of the store called to apologize and we have never been ignored since then! Of course, my MIL shops there all the time, they know she will take her business elsewhere.

Yes, its the NM in Fashion Island. So you know this loser SA. How funny about the computer thing. She is a real snob. Anyway, I love Cynthia and Cindy--they are great SA's. Will you be at the preview in Jan?

Happy New Year:drinks:

I know exactly how you feel! It really bothers me when SA judge me by age and my outfit, but goodness, what's wrong w/jeans and t-shirt? at least i am covered! ok, may be not that extreme, but DO let the manager know! I had a horrible experience w/one of the SA in NM, it made me send NM a letter regarding it, and the handbag dept manager phoned me to appolgize.

I kinda smile and think "yep.....it is a Chanel! You have a problem with that? well just go to your storage room and punch a Noe bag like a boxing glove and get unfrustrated"............LOL
:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Claudia, ur just too funny!

OMG, that makes me really upset! :cursing:
Actually, I have been thinking about it for the past weeks based on what I read here and what I see when I shop at luxury boutiques...there are some very rude SA's out there. Why do they give some people the cold shoulder and get a**-kissy with others? I have no idea why they act like that :shrugs: It is scientifically proven that "beautiful" people will be better treated anywhere but most of these SA's work on commission so why turn down a client? :hysteric: I'd be jumping all over you guys if I worked at Chanel :graucho: :supacool:

I'm so sorry about that too!!! If you happen to come to Southern CA, I highly recommend you to buy the J12 at South Coast Plaza, Nancy and Cheryl are both very sweet and professional! They always welcome me when they see me around, offering me water/drinks, showing me newest arrival though I have only bought a J12 and a camelia ring from them only and the rest of the visits are just plain looking at the eye candies since I'm broke.

Otherwise, maybe you can buy it at NM in SF?? Don't let these SAs ruin your anniversary memory!

So far I never had any bad experiences with SA's although I don't dress up to go shopping. But I make sure I look them directly in the eye when I step into the store and walk directly towards them, so they see that I'm on a mission. ;)

Here in London too. Most Boutiques have friendly and nice staffs eapecially LV store accept CHANEL ( Bad staffs like I beg to have a free bag not pay for it ). Anyway, some staffs are nice not all of them.

That's horrible! I hate when people just ignore you. I get that from Nordstroms all the time and the boutiques in there. Because of that, I never go there. So I can relate.

You really shouldn't have to dress up to go shopping.

I have bought a Chanel at that boutique before and I know what you mean. A lot of hem are very snooty, but there are a couple who are very nice. I wish I could remember the girl who helped me. She was Asian, but I know there's a few Asian gals there. There's also a super sweet girl with short redish hair. oooohhh I wish I could remember the nice ones names!

Anyway, did you try the Chanel at NM? Good luck finding your watch. I would not buy from a snooty sales person either. I learned my lesson.