BAD Customer Service but with a Happy Ending

Odette

<3 life
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
So I went to the Coach store today - I was meeting up with a friend so it was not my normal store. I wanted to return a bag as I decided I didn't like it - the tags were still on, and I never really used it except to walk around the house and try it on. I had bought the display as the store didn't have any in the back.

So I go to check out and do the exchange - and they refused to take it back as it had "obviously" been used. The SA said it loud enough so that everyone could hear - I told them it was a display that was sold to me (by that same store) so if it looked like it had been worn it was because of that. They told me that they couldn't take it back and that they would "make a note" that I had tried to bring back a used item. I was SO mad.

So I am driving home, still mad because after they said they wouldn't take it back, I refused to buy the stuff I had picked out. I went home and then decided I would go back out and buy the stuff I had picked out but at my regular store.

I get to my regular store and lo and behold, my favorite SA is carrying the pink patent Ergo framed satchel - it was BEAUTIFUL! :love: I told her I would love to buy it but I wasn't allowed to return my bag so I wasn't going to be able to afford it - I explained what had happened and she was appalled. She told me that I could bring it back no questions asked if the tags were on. She said it wasn't my fault that the display had some wear on it and that the SA's at the other store were known for being snobby.

So, happy that I was finally vindicated, I also bought the Rikki sandals in magenta and the magenta Hamptons French purse. Moral of the story - always go to the store where they know and love you!

Sorry I hate to complain but it just seems like Coach CS is going downhill in some stores lately...I can understand not taking something back but at least be courteous and uncondescending about it.

I really just wanted to share that I did get some great new stuff that is super cute (and pink)!

this sounds exactly like my horror return story, except my normal store wouldn't take back the return and the boutique further away from me did.

and I went into my boutique today and that manager that wouldnt return my bag b/c it was "very used" (which it was a floor model also) no longer works there!!! I asked why he was gone and the assistant manager told me it was because they had had gotten alot of complaints on how rude he was to customers.

I'm glad you had better service at your store. I go to a store a little farther away from me because I don't care for the Customer Service at the closer one. The SAs are so sweet at the other store!!

Sorry, but any discussion of employee matters outside the employer/employee relationship is out of line and breaches confidentiality, especially from a management employee. Good ammunition for lawsuits as well.

I agree, not very professional!

and I went into my boutique today and that manager that wouldnt return my bag b/c it was "very used" (which it was a floor model also) no longer works there!!! I asked why he was gone and the assistant manager told me it was because they had had gotten alot of complaints on how rude he was to customers.

I am glad the person is gone if they were rude, but the other person is right, it is actually unlawful to discuss reasons for a termination.

OP- congrats on the purchase.

As promised, some pics of my new stuff - Hamptons French purse in magenta and Rikki sandals in magenta. The sandals are SO comfy and fun for summer and I love the wallet because it has so many slots and pockets.

When I get my Ergo pleated satchel in a week I will post.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 42