Bad Customer Service at the LV South Coast Plaza

I am so sorry that happened to you SayGrace. I have also had some awful experiences at the SCP LV before too. I try to go to any other boutique or order by phone than to deal with SCP, which is sad because they are right around the corner for me. In my opinion, if you are going to complain, do not address it to the store manager-go higher up the ladder...and definately exchange the scratched wallet. For the money you spent, it should be perfect! (IMHO)

I wish you lived nearby, so I could go with you. Makes me so mad some people are so mean!
Thank you for the support! Having worked in retail while in college, I know both sides of the experience and usually am quite vocal but my friend is very much and let's go in and out person and at the moment... I was feeling to happy until I had time to soak it all in… then… I was feeling to happy until I had time to soak it all in… then… :cursing:

To share with you how this all came about... my bf and I broke up last month, and this forum had a lot to do with it. I became very "materialistic" and vocal about wanting to buy this and that. Not only is he not into these brands, he's just starting out his career and is not in a position to be buying this stuff... along with other stuff, we broke up.

So... my very good friend knew that the LV Manhatton GM was the reason for such grief and decided that if we broke up, I might as well have it! But when I had the opportunity to get the LV Manahatoon or the Chanel flap, I ended up getting the Beverly, Koalla wallet, and the multi color charm. If I could do it all over, I would rather have my ex-bf but :graucho: thanks to my good friend, I'm a heartbroken girl sporting a great bag!

Thanks for everyone's responses!

Sorry to hear about your breakup sayGRACEplease. If you were buying them yourself I don't see how it would be a problem for him. You'd want a guy who supports you for who you are, right? ANYWAYS, I'm sure you look fab with your equally good looking bag and new accessories, congrats on your purchases.

Sorry to hear about that. I've had one good and one bad experience.... welll 2 bad if you consider that they were separate occassions from the same SA. She was young and so am I so I figured shed be friendly.... I was SO wrong. She was incredibly snooty and gave me so much attitude. She was practically looking down her nose and me and made me feel super rushed and pressured to hurry. Terrible!! I ended up having to exchange the faulty item and a very very nice older SA helped me. She was very patient and helpful even though she didnt get credit for the sale (it was even exchange so she just switched it then and there). She was so sweet. She congratulated me on my first LV and I was on my way. Now that I look back, wonderful experience. As for the other lady at SCP..... what a witch!

I agree with merde 111 (post #15) as we get a bit older & have spent years earning our money, we know to expect decent treatment, notice I didn't say that anyone has to slobber & grovel over me, I just expect a hello & a little assistance, you should all definitely complain about South Coast LV, that's ridiculous in a highly populated area like that.

Very true about the service at SCP. I was there a few weeks ago and though i wasnt planning on buying anything, i wanted to show my bf what i wanted, the sales girl there seemed like she was bothered that i asked if i could see one purse right behind her. All i wanted to see was one purse and she kind of jus rolled her eyes, and this was the manhatten pm, which i will be getting as a gift for graduation, but yes after that experience i will be purchasing my handbags elsewhere.

I have had the same expierence at SCP until I found a great SA. Her name is Katrina. The only time I go there is when she is working, other wise I don't go because I get bad or no service at all. Saks at SCP is great for customer service. So if I have to get something when Katrina isn't working I'll go to Saks.

:yes: great tip! i've had bad experiences in SCP too. i will try to look for Katrina - do you know her weekly sched?
Thank you!