Bad Customer Service at the LV South Coast Plaza

you should complain to the manager or send LV an email. thats why i dont like going there and just end up going to the beverly center LV. They ALWAYS provide good service to me.

I love SCP but I will only shop at the LV on Rodeo (if I'm in LA). The Louis Vuitton in Seattle is great. Even if I ask just to look at something, they are super friendly and always start conversations with you. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

I have had the same expierence at SCP until I found a great SA. Her name is Katrina. The only time I go there is when she is working, other wise I don't go because I get bad or no service at all. Saks at SCP is great for customer service. So if I have to get something when Katrina isn't working I'll go to Saks.

Thanks for everyone's support. I will send an email to the manager. Does anyone know where I would get that email or just call the store?

btw, I forgot to mention that the box of the wallet had 2 scraches on and even though the wallet still had the blue sticker on it, there was some minor scratches on the metal part. Now I'm being anal but come on... this is a luxury item! The least they can do is provide me with a perfect item w/out scratches or nicks on the box. If they have problems in doing so, they should only have so many to showcase and reserve the rest for purchase only.

When I was in college, I bought a Chanel bag in B.H. and the lady was very patient knowing that it was a huge purchase for me. She sent me Christmas cards and even after 5 years, I recognized her working at Armani in Las Vegas. Her name was Patricia and she remembered me too!

I know its hit or miss with sales people but it should be the company who trains their people on quality service.

Oh.. another quick rant. That same day, my friend and i went to the BMW dealership to look at the M5's. We drove up in a 7 series but wore a Old Navy sweatshirt. There was about 5 salesmen just standing there and did not say hello or ask if we needed help.

After about 15 minutes of just staring at the car, he went up to a guy and asked to open up the car. THE GUY WENT BACK TO THE CUBICLE AND HIT A SWITCH to open the car lock!!! So we went back to the car to sit inside and the guy STILL did not come help us!

This experience combined with the LV and Christian Dior has really left me with a icky feeling about spending that much money on such “luxury” brands.

That is awful, sayGrace! I would have made another comment to the salesman, saying "Dude, you could have made a sale if you were a little motivated! You lost us!"

Of course, since he's a lousy salesman he would have acted like it didn't matter...but trust me, it would have mattered a LOT that night, when he went home without a commission!

When I find a good place with good salespeople, I always tell them how much I appreciate their customer service, and how rare it is getting these days! Then when you go back, they'll remember you and aim to please again! The less we buy from places with lousy customer service...the quicker they'll go out of business! ;)

hi every1 ! first time poster here:smile:

i absolutely hate the scp lv too. the first lv boutique i went to was scp about two yrs ago and i was COMPLETELY ignored..no1 offered to help me. i guess it was because i was there with my bf and we looked young (i was 18 and him 19).:confused1: i havent been back since. i go to the rodeo one now but i still dont feel that cs there is all that great also. i went a couple days ago for my azur speedy and imo theyre were very pushy. i feel so left out of the great lv service that other tpfers talks about. :sad:

oh and im so glad i found this forum!

i have to agree with LV's poor customer service... don't get me wrong, i do love the louis vuitton brand but i think the customer service tends to be horrible

i live ten minutes from the louis vuitton in atlantic city but i refuse to buy anything from there because normally the sa's are hesitant and rude assisting me. it's not even that busy of a store. i've shopped at about ten different lv's and only find myself feeling comfortable at one of them (aspen, colorado)- it's a shame...

Thanks for everyone's support. I will send an email to the manager. Does anyone know where I would get that email or just call the store?

btw, I forgot to mention that the box of the wallet had 2 scraches on and even though the wallet still had the blue sticker on it, there was some minor scratches on the metal part. Now I'm being anal but come on... this is a luxury item! The least they can do is provide me with a perfect item w/out scratches or nicks on the box. If they have problems in doing so, they should only have so many to showcase and reserve the rest for purchase only.

When I was in college, I bought a Chanel bag in B.H. and the lady was very patient knowing that it was a huge purchase for me. She sent me Christmas cards and even after 5 years, I recognized her working at Armani in Las Vegas. Her name was Patricia and she remembered me too!

I know its hit or miss with sales people but it should be the company who trains their people on quality service.

You are too, too nice! Return the wallet! I do hope you find the strength to go back to the store, talk to whoever is in charge about the awful customer service, and demand a bag along with a nicely wrapped wallet that is NOT scratch. I totally agree with merde111, the older one gets, the more vocal one becomes. Do not let anyone make you feel uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY someone you are paying thousands of dollars for an item they represent. Please go back! I wish you lived nearby, so I could go with you. Makes me so mad some people are so mean! :cursing:

BTW, I think this is my first post on this LV forum because I know nothing of their brand. This thread caught my eye because I walked into the LV flagship store in Manhattan (5th ave) and was completely ignored, even though I could have been sold anything that day. I was ready to buy, but not from snobby SA's. If I'm spending several thousand dollars, I deserve respect and I don't think that's asking for too much in return.