Backup Platinum Lily or Silver Madison Hobo

lmc

Oct 3, 2007
I am trying to decide whether to get a second platinum Lily because I love the one I have so much. Baglady gave me the idea, and now I can't stop thinking about it. The other bag I have been thinking about is the Madison hobo in silver because it is so different. I would prefer the large Sabrina in the silver, but I understand it only comes in the small size. I think the material is really nice, though I know it will be fragile. What would you do -- get the second Lily now while they are still available on Ebay or the Madison hobo? Thanks so much!

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Have you seen the silver Madison in person?? Selketkrb posted about it somewhere, and I think it's analogous to that dusted goat suede a few years ago on the pleated hobo. It's also supposedly thin. However, I have not personally seen this one IRL.

And LOL, yes, I've been buying backups for bags I love!! I'm not sure if there are still some plat. LIly satchels around at the outlets, but Woodbury had these. They are $250 if you can find one.

I can't really give good advice as to which one because I haven't seen the silver hobo IRL, and as for the dup bags... well, I know many people think I'm insane for buying backups! However, we are all different in what we want/need for our collections, and I intend to use this Lily for a long time ("trendy" or not). So I chose to do it since they are so reasonably priced now. I was also ticked I paid much more than the outlet price for my first bag too!

lmc

Oct 3, 2007
I saw that small sabrina in the sliver, but not the hobo. I loved the sabrina; it was gorgeous. It is a thin, stretchy leather I think it is one you would have to be really, really careful with, but so pretty that it is worth it I like bigger bags so that is why I am thinking of the hobo even though I have not seen that yet. But, I really love the platinum Lily; it is so gorgeous, and I would be so upset if something happens to it. I am sure I will never find one at the outlet, but there are a few on Ebay now, and I thought may be I should get a second while I can. Thanks so much.

^Carrie^

Rock n Roll 'Ho
O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
Florida
OOOh, I wasnt even aware that there even was a silver Sabrina made! :nuts:
What rock have I been hiding under?

I own the aforementioned infamous dusted silver suede hobo (#9690) *sigh*
It was my favorite most used Coach bag but it is in not so hot shape right now.
I thought that she was just dirty but sadly some of the silver has flaked off of her and even if that were the case (just dirty), suede is a bit*h and a half to clean...
I wish there were a way of restoring her, but she might just be going on to that big dustbag in the sky now. :crybaby:
Any suggestions on how to attempt restoring her?
Shining Monkey maybe?

Most people would be happy to have even one Lily!
I am so glad that Santa brought me mine!
That is a really hard bag to get a hold of....
A backup is not a bad idea. If anything ever happened to mine I would be devistated!