Backpack purse?

unbeknownst

Jul 28, 2008
Does anyone know of any designers making backpack purses? This was in style a few years ago, and my mom just fell in love with it. She's been looking for one for ages in department stores, but hasn't been able to find one.

She recently bought a Vera Bradley one, but it's ugly and looks like a diaper bag [the pattern]. Even she is not too happy with it.

I am looking to get her one as a surprise from my father and I.

She is 46 years old, so a style that is suited towards her age would be appropriate.

I really can't afford anything over $2,000.

Thanks if you can help!

I got a soft black leather one about 8 years ago,when I needed to go handsfree with my oldest son. It's held up perfectly, though the leather is a bit dry right now and needs some conditioner, but otherwise, perfect. The pulls say 111 State, so some generic Macys brand.

Okay, at the risk of incurring the wrath of tpf member Laurie(bunch o' numbers after her name), if your mom doesn't need a bunch of bells and whistles, Cydwoq makes nice purse-style backpack, which is available at Pedshoes.com (where this copyrighted picture came from):
main.jpg

Sorry for being a little defensive, but I was read the riot act about posting too many references to this store (my favorite)--but it really is relevant to what you're looking for!:okay:

Okay, at the risk of incurring the wrath of tpf member Laurie(bunch o' numbers after her name), if your mom doesn't need a bunch of bells and whistles, Cydwoq makes nice purse-style backpack, which is available at Pedshoes.com (where this copyrighted picture came from):
main.jpg

Sorry for being a little defensive, but I was read the riot act about posting too many references to this store (my favorite)--but it really is relevant to what you're looking for!:okay:

WOW, that's a great bag!:woohoo:

I recommend the kooba toby. They can easliey be found on ebay or bag borrow steal. New the kooba toby is $575.00

Attachments

• koobatoby.jpg
    koobatoby.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 92
....She is 46 years old, so a style that is suited towards her age would be appropriate..../quote]

So no "Hello Kitty" or "Disney" or anything like that ... cartoon characters, or something.

Still trying to figure out what's suited for a 46 year old woman, and I'm 48 - sigh. It's so confusing. :P

Would a messenger bag work? Something she could wear crossbody? It might be easier to get in to it. I have a messenger bag and love it for handsfree shopping and when I'm carrying a lot of things. It saves my shoulder. It might be a bit more stylish than a backpack too. IMO

....She is 46 years old, so a style that is suited towards her age would be appropriate..../quote]

So no "Hello Kitty" or "Disney" or anything like that ... cartoon characters, or something.

Still trying to figure out what's suited for a 46 year old woman, and I'm 48 - sigh. It's so confusing. :P

Me, too. I just turned 47, and saw a student yesterday (I work at a university) with a really cool leather Winnie the Pooh backpack and *wanted it bad*....so yeah. I hear you. :P

Would a messenger bag work? Something she could wear crossbody? It might be easier to get in to it. I have a messenger bag and love it for handsfree shopping and when I'm carrying a lot of things. It saves my shoulder. It might be a bit more stylish than a backpack too. IMO

Depends on how stylish the messenger bag is -- I have seen some F.U.G.L.Y. messenger/crossbodies -- and -- er -- her anatomy. I have a rather large bustline, and messengers/crossbodies tend to either slip and strangle me, or the strap lodges in my cleavage and you can guess how that looks.

What about a good old fashioned light-and-washable nylon Prada knapsack? I :heart: mine, and have almost worn the poor thing to rags over the last 10 years or so. Hasn't failed me yet.

Thanks guys for all the help! This at least gives me somewhere to start searching at least. I have not seen many backpack purses in recent years.

She very specifically wants a backpack though. Probably not the most stylish, but when she loves them.