Backpack club

Do you think backpacks look strange on women in their 40's and 50's and up? Even if it's Chanel, Hermes or LV?

Omg I thought about that on my way to work. I'm actually in my 40's and I think it's ok. For a minute I thought about selling the backpack and get another Chanel flap. But I think this back pack looks so classic that it will be good for all ages.

Omg I thought about that on my way to work. I'm actually in my 40's and I think it's ok. For a minute I thought about selling the backpack and get another Chanel flap. But I think this back pack looks so classic that it will be good for all ages.

Lucky you. Good idea to hold onto it. I sold my Hermes Kelly Ado Backpack because I thought I was getting too old for it. I wish I hadn't because they are selling for more than double of what I sold it for. I'm actually thinking about purchasing one again for the higher price☹️ but not sure if I would be uncomfortable with it. Or if I should purchase a Chanel one instead. Help please.

Last edited:
Lucky you. Good idea to hold onto it. I sold my Hermes Kelly Ado Backpack because I thought I was getting too old for it. I wish I hadn't because they are selling for more than double of what I sold it for. I'm actually thinking about purchasing one again for the higher price☹️ but not sure if I would be uncomfortable with it. Or if I should purchase a Chanel one instead. Help please.

I have seen the Hermes backpack at Fashionphile and Yoogi"s every now and then. If you can get a good deal why not. I love my Chanel backpack. I get lots of compliments every time I use it. If you want the same one there's a few left around. I saw someone post In the authentic finds thread. I am also looking at the LV montsouris backpack. Just go for the classic looks and follow your heart.

I have seen the Hermes backpack at Fashionphile and Yoogi"s every now and then. If you can get a good deal why not. I love my Chanel backpack. I get lots of compliments every time I use it. If you want the same one there's a few left around. I saw someone post In the authentic finds thread. I am also looking at the LV montsouris backpack. Just go for the classic looks and follow your heart.

Thanks, they're always sold when I look for one. I'll have to keep looking. I thought about LV too. I like the LV Palm Springs but I may not have the guts to use it. I will look into Chanel. I think it may be easier to purchase than the Hermes and it's beautiful.

My mom needed a backpack for when she is travelling, and although I was against backpacks in general, after looking at almost every brand's backpack (MCM, Gucci, Prada, Longchamp, Ferragamo, Versace, Mulberry...) I became a convert. They just looked so darn cute on mumsies!

I was 100% sold on the idea of the Chanel backpack being perfect for her, it was classy but casual and super cute. It had really nice soft leather and the tie part was very secure, and it had a flap over so it was pick-pocket proof. The straps were flat leather compared to the Seoul collection backpack which was only a chain.

After trying it on.. Just 1 aspect of it turned her off, and I agreed: The chain never really stayed on perfectly even. When you looked at it from the back, you could see that the chain part shifts to one side or the other. I attached pictures to show this.

Because of this, we ended up going with the LV Lockme backpack.

The backpack itself is beautiful, and if it was me that was buying it I may have chosen the Chanel because I would carry it on my hand most of the time. I wish they could have a fix so that the chain stays even.

I hope this helps for those that are making a decision. :biggrin:

Attachments

• image1 (6).jpg
    image1 (6).jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 10,478
My mom needed a backpack for when she is travelling, and although I was against backpacks in general, after looking at almost every brand's backpack (MCM, Gucci, Prada, Longchamp, Ferragamo, Versace, Mulberry...) I became a convert. They just looked so darn cute on mumsies!

I was 100% sold on the idea of the Chanel backpack being perfect for her, it was classy but casual and super cute. It had really nice soft leather and the tie part was very secure, and it had a flap over so it was pick-pocket proof. The straps were flat leather compared to the Seoul collection backpack which was only a chain.

After trying it on.. Just 1 aspect of it turned her off, and I agreed: The chain never really stayed on perfectly even. When you looked at it from the back, you could see that the chain part shifts to one side or the other. I attached pictures to show this.

Because of this, we ended up going with the LV Lockme backpack.

The backpack itself is beautiful, and if it was me that was buying it I may have chosen the Chanel because I would carry it on my hand most of the time. I wish they could have a fix so that the chain stays even.

I hope this helps for those that are making a decision. :biggrin:

Thank you for the information. I tried on the lockme. It's beautiful and so lightweight. I hope your mother enjoys it.

My 2016 Cruise Backpack😍😍😍
Is this the small or large? I'm seriously considering this bag, it looks so good on you. Can you model it both casual and formal? How do you find the lambskin is holding up? I was thinking the Seoul or the urban spirit backpack. I was leaning to the chevron calfskin urban spirit since it might hold up better, but your photo made me reconsider. Which do you think can play formal and casual better?

Is this the small or large? I'm seriously considering this bag, it looks so good on you. Can you model it both casual and formal? How do you find the lambskin is holding up? I was thinking the Seoul or the urban spirit backpack. I was leaning to the chevron calfskin urban spirit since it might hold up better, but your photo made me reconsider. Which do you think can play formal and casual better?

It's the large. It's holding up well but I already see some creasing on the side. I like this better than the urban spirit because it's more of a sling pack than a backpack plus the straps are all chains with threaded in leather just like the classic flaps. This can be worn casual with jeans and I have used it at work as well ( business casual). I get a lot of compliments when I wear this bag it's totally one of a kind.

I have had my Urban Spirit Backpack for a few months now, large size. The lambskin is holding up well. The top flap where the chain strap is threaded gets a crease (sort of) but it does not bother me at all....I think it is a very fun and useful bag. I recommend it.

I have had my Urban Spirit Backpack for a few months now, large size. The lambskin is holding up well. The top flap where the chain strap is threaded gets a crease (sort of) but it does not bother me at all....I think it is a very fun and useful bag. I recommend it.

Was it the chevron or quilt urban spirit?