Back to school shopping.....remember the days???

Mar 8, 2006
So....although back to school shopping truly SUCKS because with 3 kids there is SO MUCH TO BUY...I do feel a little bit nostalgic and remember the excitement when we would get to go and choose our school supplies...all the cute pencils, eraser, folders, etc....
Now for my son it is not as much fun because he is a boy and likes all the boy stuff....but there is super cute stuff for girls! I bought my daughters some cutie folders etc....and even got something for myself:blush:. I made the excuse that I need it for work....but realy it was just so pretty!! ANyone else treat themselves to a school supply or two while buying for our kids????? Or.....let's see your school supplies if you are heading back!

Attachments

• school 001.jpg
    school 001.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 195
  • school 002.jpg
    school 002.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 189
that's cute! i used to love back to school shopping. it was my favorite thing to do. i'd buy coordinating trapper keepers and folders. lisa frank was a favorite of mine. i'd pick the pretty pens and fancy mechanical pencils. my favorite was and still is the marble composition notebooks. there's just something about them...

My favorite thing was clothes shopping, of course. And then getting everything home, and lining them up and deciding what to wear on the very first day of school...you just had to look so cool on the first day of school. Ahhh such exciting times, and wonderful memories.

I took my son shopping for new school clothes this past weekend, and I couldn't help but by a few outfits for me too.:P They were on sale, of course.;)

I loved back to school clothes shopping! In the small town where I grew up...all of the "cool" kids would come to Dallas to do their back to school shopping. I never did that, but now that I live in Dallas, I have plenty of time to make up for it!!!

I buy school supplies! I love going school supply shopping. This year I'm using vera bradley folders and pencils. and a 2-subject and 5-subject notebook. And my old burberry pencil case. Nothing too exciting!

I always loved Back to School time because it meant new clothes. I remember shopping for the latest fall styles as determined by Seventeen magazine.

It was always a huge disappoinment that the first month or two was hot, summer weather (Virginia weather) and I could not wear my cute fall outfits until November.

I thought I was the only one that loved shopping for school supplies.

I too was a Lisa Frankie!! I used to love the ballet bears. Oh the good old days....

Can I ask where that beautiful notepad is from?

i love buying office supplies ANY time of year, but of course back to school time is awesome because there are such good deals and tons of stock and new products, too. i don't have any kids of my own and i'm not in school, but i still hit up office supply stores at back to school time.

I always loved Back to School time because it meant new clothes. I remember shopping for the latest fall styles as determined by Seventeen magazine.

It was always a huge disappoinment that the first month or two was hot, summer weather (Virginia weather) and I could not wear my cute fall outfits until November.

:roflmfao: I remember sweating my ass off the first couple days of school because I insisted on wearing all my fall stuff to school. This was in south Louisiana now. It was 90 degrees until Thanksgiving!

I've wised up with my kids. About half way through the summer we buy them some cute shorts and t-shirts so by school they still are looking ok. We do our school clothes shopping in October.

I loved back to school clothes shopping! In the small town where I grew up...all of the "cool" kids would come to Dallas to do their back to school shopping. I never did that, but now that I live in Dallas, I have plenty of time to make up for it!!!

I can totally relate to this! Where I grew up, all the cool/rich kids went to Chicago to buy high-end clothes for school. I bought all of my clothing and shoes from cheap, dumpy local stores. Now that I live in a big city I am totally making up for lost shopping time! :biggrin:

I love shopping for school supplies for my children! By the end of August/early September, Target marks the school items down 75% to 90%. That when I buy their backpacks and lunch bags for the following year and stock up on things like paper, pencils, crayons, markers, glue, folders, etc. I can't justify spending $15 on a backpack when I can get it for a couple bucks a few weeks later.

I thought I was the only one that loved shopping for school supplies.

I too was a Lisa Frankie!! I used to love the ballet bears. Oh the good old days....

Can I ask where that beautiful notepad is from?

Hi Kenia....Target is where my notebook was purchased. It is part of their "French Bull" by Jackie Shapiro collection.

I amglad to know that I am not the only one who reminesces about the good old "back to school" days!!

Hermes...of course you buy the backpacks at 75%. I would expect nothing less from you!! :smile:

ANyone else treat themselves to a school supply or two while buying for our kids?????

LOL! I remember being at the store with my mother a couple of years ago around back to school time, and she always gets SO EXCITED about school supplies, I encouraged her to buy something. She bought a small box of Crayolas, and kept looking at them and going on about school supplies for the rest of the night. I was pleased and surprised because she's not really given to buying much for herself, especially something trivial like crayons.

I don't get spiffed about school supplies, but I'm all about the office supplies, and ART SUPPLIES that I will hoard and never use, especially the good stuff, like 100% cotton rag paper because I don't want to mess it up. :rolleyes: