Back to Prada with Vit. Daino tote in....Bluette!

Jun 5, 2007
I have been away from Prada for so long, having sold my last one and collecting some Gucci, Chanel and Tom Ford bags instead. Until I found myself looking for the perfect blue tote for summer. I wanted something casual but not in a bright blue. I wanted a more subdued color, something classic rather than seasonal. I saw Prada's bluette while I was browsing and loved it but didn't want the structure of the saffiano totes and I have always preferred vit. daino over other Prada leathers. I had never considered the BN1713 before, as it seemed a bit plain, but then I found this blue beauty and tried it on and found the tote had more personality than I originally gave it credit for. I love the contrasting white topstitching :smile:
Vit Daino in bluette was really hard for me to find, but I'm glad I persevered;)
These are stock photos but I'll add some of my own tomorrow.

Attachments

• prada2.jpg
    prada2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 2,005
  • prada4.jpg
    prada4.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,770
Here are some pics in natural light and with flash. The true color is the natural light photos (first 2). The flash gives it a completely different, brighter color, so if any of you haven't seen the color in person and consider buying a pre-owned bag in bluette from someplace like ebay, be careful not to confuse pics taken with flash with the real color. I was really surprised to see how the pics looked.

Attachments

• 004 (1024x683).jpg
    004 (1024x683).jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 009 (1024x683).jpg
    009 (1024x683).jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 1,721
  • 006 (1024x683).jpg
    006 (1024x683).jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • 002 (1024x683).jpg
    002 (1024x683).jpg
    517 KB · Views: 2,412
I'm actually debating over this exact same color- the bluette or a black in the Sacca 2 Manici.
I LOVE the bluette color since its a nice dark blue yet depending on the light much brighter blue color. But I'm not a huge fan of the white stitching- its much more apparent in the Sacca 2 Manici. I talked to a SA and he mentioned that the white sticking can get dirty and become "dingy"- which was a huge turn off for me. But I've also read that you can use Tide To Go pens and clean that area- and also from the other bags I have that has the white stitching it takes quite a while for it to even get to the "dingy" point and I'm sure most people won't even notice it.

Below is a link to an example of the bag I'm talking about- but in tan.
http://www.repreme.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18258

I LOVE the Sacca 2 Manici since it 1) fits my MacBook Air 2) zips at the top 3) is a cross body bag.

I currently have the black one on a charge hold- and with the black the topstitching isn't white- its black. So no problems there…

BUT I'm having second thoughts again because…although black is great and matches with everything, the bluette is such a LOVELY color! I was thinking that maybe I could accessorize the black bag with a colorful scarf if I want some extra color- but with the bluette that wouldn't even be necessary. *sigh*

Any input would be appreciated :smile:

sumergal2121 ~ the bag you've chosen is lovely and I agree that the zip top is a huge plus. The bluette is pretty neutral and even though I bought this for a summer tote, I've been carrying it this past week (in our cold NY winter) because it's dark enough to still use year round and because it's new and I couldn't help myself! I'm not concerned about the white stitching, as I have had a few Hermes bags with the same, and never had any issues. If you have a lot of black bags already, I'd go with bluette. If you don't have too many black bags, I go with black.

sumergal2121 ~ the bag you've chosen is lovely and I agree that the zip top is a huge plus. The bluette is pretty neutral and even though I bought this for a summer tote, I've been carrying it this past week (in our cold NY winter) because it's dark enough to still use year round and because it's new and I couldn't help myself! I'm not concerned about the white stitching, as I have had a few Hermes bags with the same, and never had any issues. If you have a lot of black bags already, I'd go with bluette. If you don't have too many black bags, I go with black.

So with the white top stitching with your Hermes bag do you ever clean them? And if you do- have you tried using Tide To Go? I read it on another thread that works to clean the stitchings.

I'm completely torn right now- more people are advising me to go for the black- but theres something really nice about the bluette color- it is part of the resort collection (alas the top white stitching)- but its neutral/dark enough that you can wear it year round yet its not black so it pops out…..

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have been away from Prada for so long, having sold my last one and collecting some Gucci, Chanel and Tom Ford bags instead. Until I found myself looking for the perfect blue tote for summer. I wanted something casual but not in a bright blue. I wanted a more subdued color, something classic rather than seasonal. I saw Prada's bluette while I was browsing and loved it but didn't want the structure of the saffiano totes and I have always preferred vit. daino over other Prada leathers. I had never considered the BN1713 before, as it seemed a bit plain, but then I found this blue beauty and tried it on and found the tote had more personality than I originally gave it credit for. I love the contrasting white topstitching :smile:
Vit Daino in bluette was really hard for me to find, but I'm glad I persevered;)
These are stock photos but I'll add some of my own tomorrow.

I'm looking at this bag for myself, would you mind doing modeling shots?! Thanks!!!

cocobean1793 said:
Here are some pics in natural light and with flash. The true color is the natural light photos (first 2). The flash gives it a completely different, brighter color, so if any of you haven't seen the color in person and consider buying a pre-owned bag in bluette from someplace like ebay, be careful not to confuse pics taken with flash with the real color. I was really surprised to see how the pics looked.

I have the same bag and received many complements. I love how you added a photo onto the tag. What a great idea! What size picture did you print on? Thanks for sharing.

I've never had any need to clean white top stitching, so no idea if the Tide pens works.

I always add a pic of my pup, coco chanel, to any luggage tags on my bags. I can usually find something small enough to slide in there. Not sure what others do...leave them empty, remove them etc.