Back to Prada with Vit. Daino tote in....Bluette!

Jun 5, 2007
I have been away from Prada for so long, having sold my last one and collecting some Gucci, Chanel and Tom Ford bags instead. Until I found myself looking for the perfect blue tote for summer. I wanted something casual but not in a bright blue. I wanted a more subdued color, something classic rather than seasonal. I saw Prada's bluette while I was browsing and loved it but didn't want the structure of the saffiano totes and I have always preferred vit. daino over other Prada leathers. I had never considered the BN1713 before, as it seemed a bit plain, but then I found this blue beauty and tried it on and found the tote had more personality than I originally gave it credit for. I love the contrasting white topstitching :smile:
Vit Daino in bluette was really hard for me to find, but I'm glad I persevered;)
These are stock photos but I'll add some of my own tomorrow.

Attachments

Jun 5, 2007
Here are some pics in natural light and with flash. The true color is the natural light photos (first 2). The flash gives it a completely different, brighter color, so if any of you haven't seen the color in person and consider buying a pre-owned bag in bluette from someplace like ebay, be careful not to confuse pics taken with flash with the real color. I was really surprised to see how the pics looked.

Attachments

summergal2121

Sep 29, 2012
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
I'm actually debating over this exact same color- the bluette or a black in the Sacca 2 Manici.
I LOVE the bluette color since its a nice dark blue yet depending on the light much brighter blue color. But I'm not a huge fan of the white stitching- its much more apparent in the Sacca 2 Manici. I talked to a SA and he mentioned that the white sticking can get dirty and become "dingy"- which was a huge turn off for me. But I've also read that you can use Tide To Go pens and clean that area- and also from the other bags I have that has the white stitching it takes quite a while for it to even get to the "dingy" point and I'm sure most people won't even notice it.

Below is a link to an example of the bag I'm talking about- but in tan.
http://www.repreme.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18258

I LOVE the Sacca 2 Manici since it 1) fits my MacBook Air 2) zips at the top 3) is a cross body bag.

I currently have the black one on a charge hold- and with the black the topstitching isn't white- its black. So no problems there…

BUT I'm having second thoughts again because…although black is great and matches with everything, the bluette is such a LOVELY color! I was thinking that maybe I could accessorize the black bag with a colorful scarf if I want some extra color- but with the bluette that wouldn't even be necessary. *sigh*

Any input would be appreciated :smile:

Jun 5, 2007
sumergal2121 ~ the bag you've chosen is lovely and I agree that the zip top is a huge plus. The bluette is pretty neutral and even though I bought this for a summer tote, I've been carrying it this past week (in our cold NY winter) because it's dark enough to still use year round and because it's new and I couldn't help myself! I'm not concerned about the white stitching, as I have had a few Hermes bags with the same, and never had any issues. If you have a lot of black bags already, I'd go with bluette. If you don't have too many black bags, I go with black.

summergal2121

Sep 29, 2012
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
sumergal2121 ~ the bag you've chosen is lovely and I agree that the zip top is a huge plus. The bluette is pretty neutral and even though I bought this for a summer tote, I've been carrying it this past week (in our cold NY winter) because it's dark enough to still use year round and because it's new and I couldn't help myself! I'm not concerned about the white stitching, as I have had a few Hermes bags with the same, and never had any issues. If you have a lot of black bags already, I'd go with bluette. If you don't have too many black bags, I go with black.
So with the white top stitching with your Hermes bag do you ever clean them? And if you do- have you tried using Tide To Go? I read it on another thread that works to clean the stitchings.

I'm completely torn right now- more people are advising me to go for the black- but theres something really nice about the bluette color- it is part of the resort collection (alas the top white stitching)- but its neutral/dark enough that you can wear it year round yet its not black so it pops out…..

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kprovie6

Jul 6, 2010
I have been away from Prada for so long, having sold my last one and collecting some Gucci, Chanel and Tom Ford bags instead. Until I found myself looking for the perfect blue tote for summer. I wanted something casual but not in a bright blue. I wanted a more subdued color, something classic rather than seasonal. I saw Prada's bluette while I was browsing and loved it but didn't want the structure of the saffiano totes and I have always preferred vit. daino over other Prada leathers. I had never considered the BN1713 before, as it seemed a bit plain, but then I found this blue beauty and tried it on and found the tote had more personality than I originally gave it credit for. I love the contrasting white topstitching :smile:
Vit Daino in bluette was really hard for me to find, but I'm glad I persevered;)
These are stock photos but I'll add some of my own tomorrow.
I'm looking at this bag for myself, would you mind doing modeling shots?! Thanks!!!

msalisjah

Jan 20, 2012
cocobean1793 said:
Here are some pics in natural light and with flash. The true color is the natural light photos (first 2). The flash gives it a completely different, brighter color, so if any of you haven't seen the color in person and consider buying a pre-owned bag in bluette from someplace like ebay, be careful not to confuse pics taken with flash with the real color. I was really surprised to see how the pics looked.
I have the same bag and received many complements. I love how you added a photo onto the tag. What a great idea! What size picture did you print on? Thanks for sharing.

Jun 5, 2007
I've never had any need to clean white top stitching, so no idea if the Tide pens works.

I always add a pic of my pup, coco chanel, to any luggage tags on my bags. I can usually find something small enough to slide in there. Not sure what others do...leave them empty, remove them etc.