Back to my first love BV (Reveal)

fuzzypill

Apr 16, 2009
Please bear with me as I preface by detailing my long history with BV. When I was 23, my mother brought back a fake BV bag for me from Asia. I was right out of college and was not into designer handbags at all. I had no idea what the brand was at the time but it very quickly became my favorite bag. Obviously the thing fell apart not too long afterwards and I was determined to buy a real one. Within 3 years I was able to purchase my first BV - the exact same bag but authentic (medium Ebano Veneta). I still have this bag and it's very well loved. Over the years, I bought two more BV's (medium Cobalt Veneta, Noce montaigne). Then life happened - I climbed the career ladder, fell in love, got married, had 2 kids. My BV bags just sat in the closet while I carried diaper bags. I ended up selling the Cobalt veneta and Noce montaigne but kept my Ebano veneta (it's my first love after all!). Now the kids are in school and I started looking at designer bags again. I got distracted by other more "trendy" brands but have recently "re-discovered" my first love - BV.

So it brings us to today - I'm approaching my 4th decade (and after dabbling with other brands) I've realized that BV's "quiet luxury" esthetic is perfect for me. I was looking at getting another Veneta or the Bella tote but couldn't justify paying full price at this time. Luckily, I found a "like new" Bella tote on Yoogi's and I just received it! I was a little worried about the color because the description only said "grey" but the pictures made it look beige/taupe. I'm thinking the color is New Sand. It's still in excellent condition but it's already "broken" in so the straps are nice and soft. Without further ado, here are the pics! Thanks so much for listening to me ramble.... :P

IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG

I have this very bag and it is not only the best bag buy of 2015 but my absolute favorite. The style is easy to wear and the color elegant and simple. I'd bet my left lung it's New Sand because it looks a lot like my photos of it.

Reactions: fuzzypill
Welcome back! Excellent choice for your return to BV--enjoy it!

(By the way, in case you haven't kept up with the brand during your bag hiatus, be advised that a few years ago, BV changed the the beloved original Veneta design. There are some fairly recent threads on it, describing the new handle, which is padded and fully woven instead of the seamed smooth leather with braid. Several of us prefer the older classic design, while others don't mind, either way. I thought I read somewhere that BV is going to re-vamp the design yet again soon.... Anyway, FYI if you're going to be considering another Veneta sometime. The year of production might matter to you, if you're expecting it to be like your older ebano and cobalt Venetas.)

Nice! Congrats on the new acquisition and welcome back to Bottega Veneta.
In my experience, BVs are like an ex-boyfriend - they always come back. :lol:
Looks like New Sand to me as well. :flowers:
I have this very bag and it is not only the best bag buy of 2015 but my absolute favorite. The style is easy to wear and the color elegant and simple. I'd bet my left lung it's New Sand because it looks a lot like my photos of it.

Yes! It's a really great bag. Just curious how yours is holding up? Any discoloration? Do you find the color hard to upkeep? Thanks.