Back to basics - is this weird?

LVFloridagirl

Aug 4, 2019
Over the past 7-8 years I’ve developed a pretty nice collection of LVs, including some limited edition pieces. While I’m always watching for what’s next, I’ve never owed a Neverfull or Speedy. Now I find myself wanting both! I’d like a neverful mm in DE as a work bag (sold my mono Iena after years of use) and a speedy b 25 in de just because it looks so cute & useful. Meanwhile, between work & covid, I rarely use any of the bags I have. (My current go to is a Pochette accessoires as my purse inside my madewell work tote.) Should I take the leap and purchase one or both? Or wait for ...??? (Currently not a fan of mono anything- except my Neonoe noir).

Since you have a work tote already (Madewell) and they tend to get abused, I would go for the Speedy. :smile:

Plus it is roomier than you think and the DE lets you dress it up or down...
Go for both. I mean, the price will keep increasing. I love speedy. I don’t have a neverful but when I see it on someone, I love it. Good luck.
Go for both it’s what you want :smile:

You guys are funny - I was thinking the same about getting them both, lol! And I realized that I DO actually have a speedy - I purchased the LOL speedy bb as a bday gift to myself but have never used it until today. (Kept thinking I’d sell as it’s kind of wild and was unsure about it.) Its growing on me, but still thinking of the speedy b 25 in DE. What to do, what to do.

Over the past 7-8 years I’ve developed a pretty nice collection of LVs, including some limited edition pieces. While I’m always watching for what’s next, I’ve never owed a Neverfull or Speedy. Now I find myself wanting both! I’d like a neverful mm in DE as a work bag (sold my mono Iena after years of use) and a speedy b 25 in de just because it looks so cute & useful. Meanwhile, between work & covid, I rarely use any of the bags I have. (My current go to is a Pochette accessoires as my purse inside my madewell work tote.) Should I take the leap and purchase one or both? Or wait for ...??? (Currently not a fan of mono anything- except my Neonoe noir).

I would say both if you can...the NF just didnt work out for me, too big and open and i found that it was just not my style, i however like it on others. The speedy b 25 is awesome and i like both the DE and Mono

Reactions: LVFloridagirl
I understand about wanting to add a classic LV after buying seasonal/limited pieces. All my LV bags are not classics (with the exception of my new Odeon which will probably be discontinued in a year or two :lol:). I toyed with the idea of buying an Alma or SpeedyB 25 this past summer just to own a classic :lol: but ultimately decided the new Odeon was a better fit for me. I decided that I don’t need to own a classic unless it absolutely works for me (there’s a reason why I never bought any classic all the years I have owned LVs). With that said, it doesn’t hurt to try a SpeedyB25 if you like your LOL SpeedyB (which btw I think is such a great looking bag). I am not sure if the NF is an exact substitute for the Iena unless you don’t mind it being completely open with no zipper. Good luck deciding — what a fun dilemma to be in :smile:.

I understand about wanting to add a classic LV after buying seasonal/limited pieces. All my LV bags are not classics (with the exception of my new Odeon which will probably be discontinued in a year or two :lol:). I toyed with the idea of buying an Alma or SpeedyB 25 this past summer just to own a classic :lol: but ultimately decided the new Odeon was a better fit for me. I decided that I don’t need to own a classic unless it absolutely works for me (there’s a reason why I never bought any classic all the years I have owned LVs). With that said, it doesn’t hurt to try a SpeedyB25 if you like your LOL SpeedyB (which btw I think is such a great looking bag). I am not sure if the NF is an exact substitute for the Iena unless you don’t mind it being completely open with no zipper. Good luck deciding — what a fun dilemma to be in :smile:.
Thanks for the reply - I love seeing your posts and your gorgeous bags! The LOL speedy bb is growing on me for sure. Kinda glad I waited till today to use it as I feel like I just got a brand new bag. :smile: Hoping to get to a LV store soon, dragging along my computer, to see if it works for me. For weight distribution, I like the vertical bags a lot - which NF is not. I have zero need to the speedy bb as I love my Siena pm, but I just like the idea of it.

Reactions: Iamminda
If you like vertical bags and looking for a work bag I’d consider the Noé GM. Its capacity is comparable to the Neverfull and it has a substantial strap for comfort. Plus it has a drawstring closure which is more secured and it’s a classic also.
Thank you so much for the suggestion! I’ve never seen that bag before and it sounds perfect. Hoping there’s neither option than mono (I worry about min being too “loud” for my work environment.)

My first LV bag purchase was the speedy b 25 in de. I love that bag like no other, but I also have the my world tour NF and I used that bag for work for every day the entire first year I had it. Both bags are so great! I will say that I like the look of the speedy more but the user friendliness of the NF, especially for work, is undeniable. I would say get both, but if that's extreme get the one you can't stop dreaming about first, then see how it is on you. If you love it then you can decide how quickly to get the other, if you don't love it then you know what to exchange it for. Can't wait to see what you get!