BACK TO BASICS H Natural,neutral and SADDLE LEATHERS!!!

IMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpg

I have a hypothesis on the new Barenia Faubourg. I was looking at different leathers and thought evergrain looked familiar. It’s just like the hide on Faubourg. Anyone else with a theory? I hear it’s Togo that’s treated like Barenia, but I wonder....

View attachment 3986101View attachment 3986105

I have a hypothesis on the new Barenia Faubourg. I was looking at different leathers and thought evergrain looked familiar. It’s just like the hide on Faubourg. Anyone else with a theory? I hear it’s Togo that’s treated like Barenia, but I wonder....
The BF looks a bit more textured. Evercolor is a very smooth leather with only small signs of pebbling. I can’t even feel the texture really. Looks like the texture on BF is more pronounced ... but still finer than Togo.

Interesting theory. It has been a very very long time I have seen evergrain so can't say with any great certainty but my memory wants to say evergrain is slightly smaller pebbling and less pronounced. I think my friend has an evergrain bag I think. If I ever get a chance I'll compare. Bought an evergrain bag a long time ago but no longer have it.

The BF looks a bit more textured. Evercolor is a very smooth leather with only small signs of pebbling. I can’t even feel the texture really. Looks like the texture on BF is more pronounced ... but still finer than Togo.

Is it possible there is some confusion? Hope you don't mind me clarifying. There is both evergrain and evercolor leathers. I have purchased both leathers. Don't think they are making anything in evergrain any more. You're right evercolor is smoother and has an extremely mild pebbling that is almost smooth. Evergrain has more pebbling and little more like the Barenia Faubourg as Okiern mentioned. But how similar, I would need to investigate in person more.

The BF doesn’t have much of a textured feel...however that may be because it’s produced like barenia. It feels like traditional barenia! I can feel just a smidge of texture.

Reactions: js2367
Interesting theory. It has been a very very long time I have seen evergrain so can't say with any great certainty but my memory wants to say evergrain is slightly smaller pebbling and less pronounced. I think my friend has an evergrain bag I think. If I ever get a chance I'll compare. Bought an evergrain bag a long time ago but no longer have it.

Is it possible there is some confusion? Hope you don't mind me clarifying. There is both evergrain and evercolor leathers. I have purchased both leathers. Don't think they are making anything in evergrain any more. You're right evercolor is smoother and has an extremely mild pebbling that is almost smooth. Evergrain has more pebbling and little more like the Barenia Faubourg as Okiern mentioned. But how similar, I would need to investigate in person more.

I’m going to have to buy something in evergrain just to compare for myself I think.

Reactions: js2367

An SA in London told me Barenia Faubourg is the same leather as original Barenia but tumbled to produce the grain.

Reactions: okiern1981