Back pocket color

chocos

O.G.
Oct 12, 2010
I have mini turquoise 17c, just now i realized that the back pocket of my bag has slightly different color tone than the rest of the bag..i thinj it looks dirty or darker..i try to capture the tone differences, hope members here can see it.. is it normal?

I personally do not think it is normal. I am sure you will get some good advise from other members. It looks a bit faded also on the right side of the pocket. Maybe its the lighting.

Hmmm I can definitely see the difference from your photos so it's real and you're not imagining things. Here's the thing though... perhaps you can try to exchange but likely it's tough to find another one of these popular bags especially in mini size?

Do you really love it and want to keep it anyway? if so, maybe the following help ease your mind a little bit?

At least it's 1) consistently darker for the entire back pocket (not uneven patches), 2) the difference is on the back pocket and not the front of the flap, and 3) hey! maybe it's nice to have darker color at the back pocket to fight/prevent color transfer! :smile:

Reactions: kulasa87
I personally do not think it is normal. I am sure you will get some good advise from other members. It looks a bit faded also on the right side of the pocket. Maybe its the lighting.

The strange things is in outdoor with natural lighting the pocket color is same like the rest of the bag.. the faded side i think bcos of the lighting.. i just wonder if maybe the darker color of the back pocket is because of color transfer from black dustbag?

Last edited:
.albumtemp.JPG .albumtemp.JPG
Hmmm I can definitely see the difference from your photos so it's real and you're not imagining things. Here's the thing though... perhaps you can try to exchange but likely it's tough to find another one of these popular bags especially in mini size?

Do you really love it and want to keep it anyway? if so, maybe the following help ease your mind a little bit?

At least it's 1) consistently darker for the entire back pocket (not uneven patches), 2) the difference is on the back pocket and not the front of the flap, and 3) hey! maybe it's nice to have darker color at the back pocket to fight/prevent color transfer! :smile:

Yesss u are so right, i won't find another one in this size anymore if i exchange it. I call boutique here, they don't have mini turquoise caviar, only lambskin but also sold out :sad:
Oh vanana, you really help me ease my mind with your 3 points above! Thank you so much.
You can see under the natural lighting the back pocket color just like the rest of the bag.

Reactions: Vanana
I think its due to different batches of leather hence the Colour difference? I rmb awhile back someone has a similar problem but hers was the leather at the cc lock. I vaguely remember it wasnt a pleasant experience for her doing an exchange because the SA was the initially unconvinced. Until the SA brought out another similar bah and put it side by side

If this is an easy bag to come i will try to exchange it, but i know i won't be able to get the same size and color like this anymore so i think i'll keep it. Because sometimes i can't see the differences, sometimes i can.

If this is an easy bag to come i will try to exchange it, but i know i won't be able to get the same size and color like this anymore so i think i'll keep it. Because sometimes i can't see the differences, sometimes i can.

Its really quite subtle:smile: if i cant find an exact one to replace with, I wouldn't either[emoji6]

Reactions: Vanana
It's a mini? If it came with a black dustbag I would go back and show it to them and ask for a white one (better safe than sorry). I bought the rainbow caviar boy and they gave me a white dustbag for it! To me the sides of the pocket look darker than the middle? Hmm, I kind of like it haha

I can't really advise on whether to keep it or return it since you are the only one to be able to say if the slight variation bothers you enough to let it go. IMO, it looks acceptable, but IRL it may be more obvious. If you can get your hands on a replacement, there is no harm in trying...but my understanding is that these are tough to find and may already be gone. I don't think the color variation is due to the black dust bag. FWIW, in the US it is standard to receive a black dust bag with minis...only Classic Flaps and Reissues in classic sizes (mini is seasonal) come with the white felt dust bags. If you have a good relationship with a SA, they may slip you a white one. GLD!

View attachment 3577980 View attachment 3577979

Yesss u are so right, i won't find another one in this size anymore if i exchange it. I call boutique here, they don't have mini turquoise caviar, only lambskin but also sold out :sad:
Oh vanana, you really help me ease my mind with your 3 points above! Thank you so much.
You can see under the natural lighting the back pocket color just like the rest of the bag.
Just enjoy this beauty :smile: honestly unless you make the light a certain way and point it out, I doubt anyone would see it. I think most people would be too focused on how beautiful it is, the fact that it's in rare combo of caviar and a rectangular mini... and not the back pocket :smile: I really hope you'll feel happy about this bag again!