Back of Rolex not centered

Starbrite

Sep 20, 2015
I got my first Rolex yesterday from the Rolex store, it is a 28mm datejust. They resized it by removing I think 2 or 3 links and I noticed that the crown used to take the watch on and off isnt in the center. Is it supposed to be? I am new to Rolex so I dont know what the right way is or if there is a right way.. 20200621_120327.jpg

Seems to me links were added or removed (for sizing purposes) and it was not done evenly HOWEVER I don't have this style bracelet so maybe this is just the way it is, Owners of this style need to weigh in.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “off center”. Are you concerned that it isn’t centered on width of the bracelet? If so, I’m not seeing it in the pic. But if you referring to the crown not being centered on your wrist, that is completely normal.

1592743356465.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my first Rolex yesterday from the Rolex store, it is a 28mm datejust. They resized it by removing I think 2 or 3 links and I noticed that the crown used to take the watch on and off isnt in the center. Is it supposed to be? I am new to Rolex so I dont know what the right way is or if there is a right way.. View attachment 4764503

Mine is exactly the same, with links removed by Rolex, so this must be the right way.

Reactions: Starbrite
Isn’t there a bar underneath? If you have a small wrist that bar needs to be centered so the crown would naturally be off-center. Looks fine as is but if it bothers you it should be doable to adjust. Or maybe I’m thinking of the Patek watches. I haven’t worn my watches in months and they’re all tucked away!

Reactions: FunBagz
Isn’t there a bar underneath? If you have a small wrist that bar needs to be centered so the crown would naturally be off-center. Looks fine as is but if it bothers you it should be doable to adjust. Or maybe I’m thinking of the Patek watches. I haven’t worn my watches in months and they’re all tucked away!

@Gourmetgal , you are correct. There is a bar on the underside of the bracelet. That bar is what is centered on the wrist. Since the crown is at the end of the bar and used to open the clasp, the crown is off centered on the wrist.

RolyBracelet.jpg

I got my first Rolex yesterday from the Rolex store, it is a 28mm datejust. They resized it by removing I think 2 or 3 links and I noticed that the crown used to take the watch on and off isnt in the center. Is it supposed to be? I am new to Rolex so I dont know what the right way is or if there is a right way.. View attachment 4764503
Looks right to me as the bar behind the bracelet sits nicely across the wrist.
Congratulations on your first Rolex