Back in the saddle again!

yay! I was going to suggest the mare for you since you cannot spend as much time with her but scrolling down, you already chose her. Very happy for you. Can't wait to see pics. I'm pulling for you to be able to buy her...she sounds like a great animal.

Thanks! My mom also had a big part in the decision making too. Even though I am 27 and can speak for myself, she has always matched me up wonderfully with my horses in the past. She just has an eye for a good horse. When I was young I remember looking at tons of horses, and falling in love with tons, but she always knew right from the start if they were “the one.” I guess her mother instinct kicks in.

Another thing with Bootz is, he is still a baby and 2 months fresh from a pasture rest to “grow up more.” Since he is so huge and hasn’t quite figured out his footwork yet, he will stumble once in awhile. I have heard too many stories throughout my barn of horses falling down on top of the rider which can cause some serious injuries. Even though any horse at any age can lose their balance, a baby in a gigantic body may be a little more at risk.

Now to convince DH to buy me Mimi. JK! :lol:

how lucky!

Thanks! My bunnies are lucky too because I will bring home varieties of hay for them to munch on.

hes adorable! congrats on getting back into it.. im in the same position.... i had to put my horse down 2 years ago after having him for 15 years :crybaby: im hoping to get back into it soon... theres nothing like that relationship... congrats again!

So sorry to hear about your horse. :crybaby:My moms horse (and the horse that taught me everything I know) just turned 24. We have had him forever. He has been kind of declining in his health throughout the last few years. He has cushings disease and will need medicine to prevent it further for the rest of his life. We get worried sick about him sometimes. Really there is nothing like that relationship, especially after owning them for that long. I get sad just knowing a horse in the barn passed that I kinda knew of. They are just such magnificent animals.

Yes, I feel VERY fortunate that he is just a sweet natured boy *in general* He has had his moments though that were VERY trying......we have a very strong bond together and I think that is part of it, he just absolutely trusts me and that I will never put him in a situation where he needs to be scared and panic or be really aggressive and/or dangerous like horses definitely can be. He is a lot better than many adult horses I have had. I felt with him, he was a "clean slate" because he was a baby and NO ONE had ever worked with him whatsoever prior to me taking him. Therefore, I figured if his training went awry or he wound up with a screw loose, I could only blame myself because only I have done all of his training.

This was at his "worst" through no fault of his own.

http://forum.purseblog.com/animalic...bes-my-rescue-thoroughbred-colt-226627-3.html

He sounds like such an angel. :heart: How tall is your lil' guy now?

He sounds like such an angel. :heart: How tall is your lil' guy now?

I have not measured him in quite a while. I am *guessing* a little over 14 hands. I am hoping he hits 16.2/16.3 by the time he is 6 and full grown. He is sooooooo butt high right now so I have hope that he is going to be a big tall boy. He has sprouted like a weed since I got my hands on him :P

Well I ended up starting my lease early because I couldn't wait a week. Tonight I went down and rode Mimi and she was so good!

Here are some pictures I took of her in her stall. After taking these the camera battery died. I will take lots more on Sunday.

P1020137.jpg

P1020142.jpg

I am already getting attached to her. She is so sweet and well behaved.