Back from the Big City - NYC

So late to the party, but I must say that it was an absolute pleasure meeting and spending time in the city with jburgh. She is as warm, kind, fun, and wise as you would know from tPF and has such broad knowledge about many different things! She even treated me with the sushi lunch and also gave me a lovely Mt. Fuji monochrome painting, thanks again, J!

I've got to assure you all (especially kroquet ) that I am so not elegant:lol:, but am so so so slow. I walk slowly, talk slowly, move slowly, and do everything slowly that people often take that as something different.

It was fun playing with all the bags and accessories, especially for me the oxidized copper stuff, though they didn’t have the styles that I wanted to see. I went through all the drawers as always but didn’t see any coin purse with chain. They didn’t have any animal coin purse either.

Going up to the second floor was quite exciting. I loved some of the RTWs (the leather dress was dreamy and the absinthe dress was oh so lovely) and the woven cot (I think it was in uniform) was nice too.

I tried the silver bracelet that annelovepuggy has in her siggy. It’s so gorgeous and the design is so clever! The oval and ingeniously (but looking randomly) arranged multiple bangles make the bracelet so interesting, and it’s quite easy to put it on and off.

It’s always fun to go to the boutique, but it’s a hundred times more fun going there with a BV loving friend. Can’t wait for the next opportunity!! (kroquet, I’m making sure to wrap up our spring break trip early so I get to meet you on 11th April!!)

Mid - you are so sweet! Can't wait to go to NYC! I am also hoping that Mombug will come in for the day on Saturday. We pm each other at least 5 times a day! She is a real swettheart and has not used her BV yet!! I gave her a stern scolding for that!!

I wonder if BV would let me stay overnight in the elevator???

Mid - Thank you, I treasure our time together. You are not slow at all, I would say your are purposeful. What ever speed you think you are, it was just right for me and my bum knee, lol! The triple silver bangle looked very handsome on you...are you thinking more about it. You've got to think of something while the birthday Roomba does all of the vacuuming...right? :graucho:

kroquet - You will enjoy your trip in the suede BV elevator. If I ever go crazy, I hope my padded cell is just like that elevator.

This entire thread's so fun to read, but this sentence really got me! What a humorous and perfect way to sum up the feeling over the beauty of the elevator.

You know what adoptastray? It smelled really good in there. I wanted to fling myself at the wall and inhale...it really did cross my mind. But I thought the SA would call the men in the white coats on me. Next time, I'm taking a trip without the SA.

I don't think the SAs would ever let a customer take that elevator alone. They know too well what would happen...

Fatal Attraction, anyone?

gosh, the elevator thing is cracking me up! jburgh you are so funny. I hope you are feeling lots better now.

I hate to admit it but I have been obsessing about that suede-lined elevator so much so that I dreamt about it last weekend! i imagine that it should smell as heavenly as the inside of our BV bags but maybe multiply this by a thousand..