Back from Paris with my 226 navy metallic reissue!

congrats percephonie! where did you get the transparent card from?

hope you had a great time at chanel... *cough* i mean paris. :P I LOVE PARIS!

^LOL:roflmfao: My memory from the trip seems to be Chanel mainly for some strange:P reason!

I got the transparent card from an art shop. They should sell some in craft shops.

Congrats! I initially wanted to get the 226, but my store only had the 227. So I got the latter at merely 5'1, but I'm able to fit more in than expected :lol: May I ask how much it retailed for in Paris? Please post some modeling pics when you have time!

Are you glad you got the 227 then? I wanted a big bag but the SA bluntly said it looked (the 227) absolutely ridiculous on me...I did kind of agree with her then but when I think about it, I didn't have my coat on so maybe that's why? Not sure!

It retailed for 1780 Euro. Will post modeling pics tomorrow!

I'm glad in terms of being able to use it more often (can't live without the junk I'm carrying around :lol:) on the other hand I think the 226 would have looked like a better fit somehow (but that's because my initial love for the Reissue was seeing it carried by someone on a pic -> so I was biased at the start). However, I don't regret getting the 227, in the end it depends on your outfit and attitude. Gotta try different clothes with the bag and see how it looks... Don't worry about the size, I'm sure it looks great on you, so enjoy your bag! :flowers:

:woohoo: *P* ~ it's gorgeous! & love the pics with pussycat :love: ~ i am so shattered today ~ i felt like i was up all night witnessing a live birth on tpf ~ :lol: ~ *B* on the other hand is probably just up! ~ :P

:tup::tup::tup:
Congrats!!

As sw0pp, I also initially wanted to get the 226, but because of the same reason, I finally got the 227 yesturday. What a coinsidence! I'm also 5'1:P.

Is it true that new 226 size is bigger than the old ones? :confused1:

Ooh I love your pics of her - I can't wait until I get mine, and it feels like that day will never come :crybaby: Congratulations! Never sick of seeing pics, especially reissues!

I have the opposite problem from you - I am due to get the 227 but I'm concerned that it will be too large for me (5'4"). The jumbo classic was too large for me but I'm hoping the 227 will work out.

^:roflmfao: Yeah I feel the same! Fell asleep all the way on the Eurostar after last night's exciting event:graucho: How did your mission impossible with DH go :supacool:?

i think i've just about got away with it ~ i can be v persuasive :graucho: ~ took me ages to get out that pvc catsuit 'tho ~ & of course he doesn't know about the black yet ~ :nuts: :death:

Are you glad you got the 227 then? I wanted a big bag but the SA bluntly said it looked (the 227) absolutely ridiculous on me...I did kind of agree with her then but when I think about it, I didn't have my coat on so maybe that's why? Not sure!

It retailed for 1780 Euro. Will post modeling pics tomorrow!

Hm, strange. I got my metallic black reissue in Paris last month and it was 1890 euro. I BELIEVE the size is a 226 (they got rid of this particular numbering system so they don't know for SURE if it's a 226, etc). It is SUCH a great deal in Paris. I was in Vegas this past weekend and saw the same metallic black reissue at the Chanel in Bellagio going for $2850 or $2890 (hehe...forgot).

Hm, strange. I got my metallic black reissue in Paris last month and it was 1890 euro. I BELIEVE the size is a 226 (they got rid of this particular numbering system so they don't know for SURE if it's a 226, etc). It is SUCH a great deal in Paris. I was in Vegas this past weekend and saw the same metallic black reissue at the Chanel in Bellagio going for $2850 or $2890 (hehe...forgot).

Take a look at the Number on the Chanel Box, if it ends with 86, it's a 226, if it ends with 90 it's a 227. The Length of the 227 is 12 1/2 inches or 31cm approx. 1890€ sounds a lot like 227 to me, since it's the price of my 227 which was bought in Austria, usually everything here is more expensive (LV) or in Chanel's case the same, but I highly doubt Vienna is cheaper. (btw. 2850/90 whatever ;)$ is also the price of a 227)