Back from my NYC Balenciaga buying trip!!!

joananem

Dec 8, 2006
I am a Bbag newbie and have posted some questions before I took the punge so I figured I would give everyone an update.

I went into the city today to buy my first bbag. It wasn't too far of a trip for me since I live in CT, so a mere hr on the train. I brought my bf along for company and since he was getting it for me (early bday present). First we headed to Barneys where they only had the black and a brown city with the regular hardware. Even though I thought I would be getting the black city, I decided to hold out and head to BalNY to check out the other colors to see if anything appealed to me more. We got into the cab and I gave the address of BAlNY to the cab driver. The drive ride there seemed to take forever and when we arrived there I could not believe this was it. My bf was like where did you take me and then he insisted this cannot be real. Afetr I reassured him that in fact this is the real thing we headed in. After looking at the color swatches I decided to see Ocean, Tomato, Black and Steel. Long story short I settled on the STEEL CITY:yahoo:. It is getting shipped to my house and should be here in 4-5 days. Just wanted to share my story of my 1st bbag buying experience and thank everyone that has previously answered my questions. I will be sure to post pictures when I get her!!!!

Definitely a good choice!!! I am excited for you!

You are soo right, I called Barney's NY and they only have black and brown colors.

PS: Advance happy birthday!

haha.... my friend went with me the 1st time today and she was like is this the place (looking at me like where did i bring her to). BalNY definitely does not look like your normal boutique. congrats on you new bag!! cant wait to see pics!!