back from 1st LV experience, 1st bag...mixed feelings!

aw sorry about that rudie sa. i've never heard of them plopping it in a bag before. i just got a scarf and it's boxed with an orangy ribbon.

so glad you got a great bag though! you are going to LOVE it!

Sorry you had such a bad experience but congrats still on your new bag. I don't actually remember much about my 1st experience buying my 1st bag (Papillon) (SF) and the 2nd experience (Cabas Piano) (VF) was when I exchanged it two days later, but my 3rd experience in L.A. (Speedy 30) was great because that's how I met my great SA. She was so wonderful that I wrote a thank you note to her manager and then I started going to her all the time! It's been over 3 yrs with the same SA and store and I love it!!! I hope the next time that you buy an LV at another store you will have a much better experience for you. Enjoy your bag - that's the most important thing of all!!

I think most of us here have mentioned that it's normal for SAs NOT to give you a box, unless you ask for one. However, dropping the box down directly on top of your LV is pure rudeness! You shoulda given her some of this :noggin:!!! Anyhoo, enjoy your new bag!!! Made in France woohooooo!

That's awful treatment. I wouldn't have bought the bag. Frankly, I'd return it and buy it somewhere else. I'm sure there are other stores around? At the very least I'd return it and buy it from a different SA, just to make a point!

congrats about your new bag. sorry about the treatment you recieved, i hope that never happens to you again.
My first purchase wasnt as nice as i had hoped it to be either, but i love my bag more than ever anyway. I now shop at a different boutique and have an excellent SA there.

Really? I've *never* had to ask for a box, and I don't really have strong relationships with any SAs (I rarely shop in the same place twice). I thought it was a matter of course.

Well at least that's my impression of it lol cuz I too was wondering when I bought my first LV which didn't come in a box and members here told me what I just said above.:shrugs:

You gals must stick up for yourselves and not be intimitdated by these rude SA's. You can ask to see the manager or be served by someone else. Just look them in the eye and ask them why they are being so offhand with you, they will soon back off. Crikey these people are paid to SERVE you!!!

Congratz on the bag....I can't believe you got that treatment! Hopefully your Speedy will bring you lots of joy!!!

This may be a dumb question but are the smaller boutiques like that? I've only ever shopped at our Ala Moana store and the Waikiki store and they never hand the bag out from the counter. They always go to a room in the back to get a new bag which is brought out for inspection (this is after you've tried on the bag behind the counter or in the drawer behind the counter) and then it takes a couple of minutes to have the bag wrapped. I guess I just assumed that it was like this everywhere? Perhaps it is because here in Hawaii they cater to rich tourists and must have better customer service?

I'm sorry that you experienced a rude person on such a special shopping event. Knowing me, I would have returned the bag and found another LV boutique to purchase from. I'm very skittish about customer service. You don't treat the customer with dignity or act like you're too good to service me, you don't get my money. In fact I would speak to a manager about Ms. Pissy attitude.

CONGRATULATIONS on your Damier Speedy!!