Back after month off and have ?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Hi. I was away from TPF for an entire month to take care of myself. Thanks again for all the well wishes. Anyway - new ? for experts here! I'm doing a MAJOR Spring cleaning - 6 days in a row of temperatures in 50's and wondering if I should toss all my LV boxes. Are the dust bags enough? Perhaps I should keep the 2 that I alternate with out of the box for convenience and saving time. Even if I get rid of all 8 of my remaining boxes, I do not have to stack bags. There is enough closet space to store side by side. I just don't know benefits of bags plus boxes. Please advise!

I keep the boxes...can you nest any of them inside each other? Can you use them to store other things (e.g., lingerie, hoserie, jewelry, etc.)? I hate throwing them out, but understand the lack of space issue, too.

I don't use the boxes. I only store my bags in there dustbags. My SA told me it's not good for the bags to store them in the box. She said no air can get to the bags causing the vachetta to get damaged (start to wrinkle).

I think it's a good idea to store them insidea closet in there dustbags. You can always use the boxes to store other belongings.

I only keep my bags in their dustbags as well, have many boxes, they do take up a lot of room. I have given some boxes to friends and family, they like to use them to store things in their closet, and for some reason they like the look of the LV boxes, I guess to show off to people. Personally, I do not get attached to the boxes, if they are bothering you get rid of them! I have seen a few for sale on ebay and they sell quite well.

I keep all my boxes mainly because recently I've sold a few items and it's nice to offer the box when selling something. I store them in a spare bedroom in the closet.

I just don't have room to keep the boxes, and I also think the bags should be able to 'breathe' in their dustbags, whether that is scientifically (:P) true or not.

Especially if the weather is humid and you don't have air conditioning.

I keep some of the boxes for storage for other things, or in case I decide to sell a handbag, but I don't store my handbags in the boxes, only the dustbags. If you have enough room to store your handbags in their dustbags without stacking them then I'd get rid of your boxes, unless you want to hold on to them for storage! Have fun cleaning, glad your back and hope you're feeling well!

Thanks Nordy's girl. I have a BH, a bellevue, a courtney, and a manhattan in the box. I am going to toss boxes today. Hopefully I won't regret it but I don't sell my bags so don't really have a need for them.

i am a very weird person but i keep my own christmas tree inside my room so come christmas, i put the boxes under the tree just to remind me how much hard earned money i've spent on my ultimate pride and joy possessions. it's kinda stupid that's why i keep it inside my room just to be on the safe side of being critiqued.