Baby's grandfather...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. that she has never met (her father's dad) has been in the hospital. Her dad called to tell me the other day, he was so upset. I just told him I'm sorry and hoped things turn out well. I didn't know what else to say.

I would take her over there to meet him since I know where he lives, he got home a couple of days ago but he is just as cold as ice. So I doubt he would even want to see her.

Anyhow the whole point is it made me think of how sad of a life it must be to live like that, to be so cold and hard. I wonder what happens to someone to make them so miserable for their entire life. (He's always been that way according to exb.)

And I don't have a good feeling about this which is scary, I've had this feeling twice in my life and both times someone I knew passed away. Once was my grandmother, who was elderly, but not even sick and the second time was a friends dad who was in the hospital for a routine test.

2. I'm sorry to hear about him being so sick but maybe he'll have a change of heart, being ill and possibly close to death. You could always call and see how he's feeling before taking your baby over to visit. Take it from there.

3. If you are really uncomfortable with it, don't go if that is what your gut is telling you. Do what YOU think is right.

4. Yea, I thought about emailing him and saying "Hope you feel better" and seeing if he responds and asks about the baby.

5. I agree if your not comfortable do not go. And why are people like that?? I do not think anyone knows and honestly there is often nothing anyone can do unless they want to do it for themselves. Even when confronted with end of life some people just are too hard headed to give in and let people love them or be nice.

6. Some people just aren't in the right frame of mind to realize what is truely important in life. I would go and be the better person. Get a picture so your baby has it later on in life. Remember, life is SHORT, make the most of it!

7. I also think that you should call and ask if you can come visit, if he's feeling well enough. Even if he's not the nicest person, he's still your little girl's grandfather. It would be a very gracious gesture to go and see him. It might not be the best couple of hours ever, but it is only a couple of hours, and you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that you rose above and did the right thing.

You never know, he could be very nice when you go, even if not exactly warm. My DH's father has serious interpersonal issues with everyone and is extremely awkward around children, to the point that before I was pregnant, he gave me a talk on if I ever had a "thing" (wouldn't even say the word "baby", just kept calling it a "thing.") While he's never reached out and held DS or tried to play with him, I know he's happy to see him, and he asks after him whenever he talks to DH. I don't hang out with him every week, but we see him every couple of months.