baby you can drive my car

I'm like Shoes, I've given up almost completely using sholder bags, since my kids are grown up. The traffic in Rome is total caos, so I either walk or drive my moped, I very seldom use the car. In these circumstances it would be more practical to use a shoulder bag rather than a hand held one, but I like them so much more (handheld) that I prefer to suffer a bit of discomfort....Also, I find the Plume and the Bolide the most user friendly, b/c they are lightweight and have the zip, but since I'm a bit of a masochist, I use my Birkins most, followed by my Kellys, go figure...:nuts:

everyone's responses are very very interesting. thanks so much for posting them. some how i can relate to each.

(hi hermesgroupie! what bag(s) are you traveling with?)

I'm either walking, taking the bus/tram, or riding my bicycle.

Walking, bus/tram- Birkin, Kelly, Bolide, GP
Bicycle - 25cm Kelly and 27cm Bolide because they fit in the basket in front of my bike or on very few occassions, I use the shoulder straps and hang the bags messenger style.

I'm either walking, taking the bus/tram, or riding my bicycle.

Walking, bus/tram- Birkin, Kelly, Bolide, GP
Bicycle - 25cm Kelly and 27cm Bolide because they fit in the basket in front of my bike or on very few occassions, I use the shoulder straps and hang the bags messenger style.

...do you have more than one bolide la van?
a basket on your bike - so romantic and sweet!

everyone's responses are very very interesting. thanks so much for posting them. some how i can relate to each.

(hi hermesgroupie! what bag(s) are you traveling with?)
I'm using my 45cm black togo Birkin as a carry-on and my 20cm black box Plume for day to night use. I'm driving here in CA (stay off the sidewalk people!) so I would find the Birkin manageable.

45 togo! you are my hero (here i'm being timid about a 31 bolide) - you must be in crazy great shape! i did read about your commitment to exercising... did you get those tommy burgers? :P