Baby sac de jour

Domo

May 2, 2013
Hi guys, i'm thinking about getting a baby sac de jour but is also thinking about getting a Valentino studded patent leather small tote bag

If you have a baby , what do you think of it ? Do you like the leather ? Does it hold up well?

Here is a picture my SA sent me , he said the gray is actually a lot lighter in person , what do you guys think ? I wanted a pink one , but he said its all sold out .

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399506160.067999.jpg

Hi there!! I was looking at one recently at a local store that stocks SLP (the baby SDJ)

I have posted comparison pics on my Instagram if you wanna check them out, but here is my insight to the bag.

It is oh so cute, but oh so small!! I was looking at it for my mother as a potential mothers day gift present. She normally carrys a Birkin 35 and fills it to the max and was complaining that her hand and arms are getting sore, so I decided that this baby SDJ would be good since it would restrict her on carrying stuff.

It is really small - mean I tried to put my stuff in the bag (a wallet, LV cles and my Samsung GS3 and it could just fit it! So if you were to carry it on a day to day basis, you would have to really think what do you need.

On the other hand the Valentino is a lot larger and you can actually fit a big sized wallet and a cosmetic bag, etc, but nothing much else, but it is a zippered top whereas the SDJ is not - what happens if you fall and all your stuff falls out?

Out of the two, I would choose the Valentino because it is more practical, but if you have unlimited $$$ I would go for the SDJ and use it to run errands.. like running to the shops and buying some bread :graucho:

Best of luck!!

Hi there!! I was looking at one recently at a local store that stocks SLP (the baby SDJ)

I have posted comparison pics on my Instagram if you wanna check them out, but here is my insight to the bag.

It is oh so cute, but oh so small!! I was looking at it for my mother as a potential mothers day gift present. She normally carrys a Birkin 35 and fills it to the max and was complaining that her hand and arms are getting sore, so I decided that this baby SDJ would be good since it would restrict her on carrying stuff.

It is really small - mean I tried to put my stuff in the bag (a wallet, LV cles and my Samsung GS3 and it could just fit it! So if you were to carry it on a day to day basis, you would have to really think what do you need.

On the other hand the Valentino is a lot larger and you can actually fit a big sized wallet and a cosmetic bag, etc, but nothing much else, but it is a zippered top whereas the SDJ is not - what happens if you fall and all your stuff falls out?

Out of the two, I would choose the Valentino because it is more practical, but if you have unlimited $$$ I would go for the SDJ and use it to run errands.. like running to the shops and buying some bread :graucho:

Best of luck!!

Omg we are thinking the same thing ! Haha , Valentino is definitely more practical but SDJ is just so cute ! Plus, there is a price increase next months of the SDJ so i must make a decision . Btw , what is your instagram ?

I think I like both bags for different reasons. They are both cute, Valentino is probably more durable in terms of the patent leather. BUT you mentioned that you have a baby as well? So I assume on a day to day basis you will also be carrying a separate diaper bag?

I am a mother myself and my son is about to turn 3, I can honestly say for the past 3 years I have not been able to use my designer handbags because having to carry a diaper bag around, a purse and a baby is just too much to carry. I only use my designer handbags for work, on the weekends when I take my son out I usually just carry the diaper bag.

With that being said, he is now a toddler and we don't really need to bring so much stuff with us anymore to go out, so I am coming back to wearing my nicer bags on the weekends. BUT it is still not very practical at times because now you are dealing with dirty fingers, drinks being spilled etc.

If however, all that doesn't bother you, I would actually recommend getting the baby sac de jour, because it is small and you can just fit your wallets and some basic essentials in there, doesn't take up too much space while you can still carry a diaper bag and your baby.

So, from a practical standpoint as a mom, I vote for the sac de jour =)

I think I like both bags for different reasons. They are both cute, Valentino is probably more durable in terms of the patent leather. BUT you mentioned that you have a baby as well? So I assume on a day to day basis you will also be carrying a separate diaper bag?

I am a mother myself and my son is about to turn 3, I can honestly say for the past 3 years I have not been able to use my designer handbags because having to carry a diaper bag around, a purse and a baby is just too much to carry. I only use my designer handbags for work, on the weekends when I take my son out I usually just carry the diaper bag.

With that being said, he is now a toddler and we don't really need to bring so much stuff with us anymore to go out, so I am coming back to wearing my nicer bags on the weekends. BUT it is still not very practical at times because now you are dealing with dirty fingers, drinks being spilled etc.

If however, all that doesn't bother you, I would actually recommend getting the baby sac de jour, because it is small and you can just fit your wallets and some basic essentials in there, doesn't take up too much space while you can still carry a diaper bag and your baby.

So, from a practical standpoint as a mom, I vote for the sac de jour =)

Hi ! Thanks for your thoughtful reply! But I think there is some misunderstanding , when I asked the question if you have a baby , what do you think of the bag ? I meant like the baby sac de jour not like an actual baby 😅

Hi ! Thanks for your thoughtful reply! But I think there is some misunderstanding , when I asked the question if you have a baby , what do you think of the bag ? I meant like the baby sac de jour not like an actual baby 😅

LOL now I feel stupid!!! Sorry for the misunderstanding hahaha

Well, that being said, with or without an actual baby, I still like the sac de jour better!! :lol:

Haha don't be ! I think i'm gonna go with the sac de jour too ! Now i just have to decide between the blue and the grey .

Get the blue, for smaller bags you can afford to go with a more vibrant color. Gray is nice too but you can save the neutral colors for bigger bags :P

Omg we are thinking the same thing ! Haha , Valentino is definitely more practical but SDJ is just so cute ! Plus, there is a price increase next months of the SDJ so i must make a decision . Btw , what is your instagram ?

So sorry for the late reply but it is jason2795 :smile: Hahah in that case, I think you should get the SDJ and the Valentino later.. you could be ended up getting two!!

Ps. Need to get my notifications checked!!