Baby Sac de Jour Logo is off- did the SL boutique give me a fake???

Should I try to exchange this bag (again?)

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Azula

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I just posted my story as a reply to another thread, but wanted to share here too to get everyone's opinion. Hope you don't mind the copy/paste:

On a recent trip to paris, I purchased the baby SDJ in a SL boutique in black grained leather. I loved it, but my story doesn't end there. I know it was pretty naive of me but I just accepted the bag that they wrapped up for me, and I didn't have time to open it or inspect it until 10 days later when I got back home. I even carried this bag (in the SL shopping bag) as my carry-on, in order to not risk it getting stolen or lost in checked luggage, or crushed inside a carry-on suitcase. Fast forward to today, I finally opened the bag and my heart sank: it had two giant scuffs on the front, probably caused by the lock. So either the bag was already scuffed or the SA packaged it too tightly and the pressure caused the scuffing.

I ended up calling my local boutique, and they let me bring in the bag for inspection and to see if it was eligible for an exchange. It was, and since I hadn't even unwrapped the bag until today, they couldn't say that I had damaged it. They let me exchange it for the same bag in the same color. I wish that were all's well that ends well, BUT I can't believe I just now noticed something very weird with the bag now that I got home.

The logo is really low on the front of the bag!! After all my perusing pictures online and seeing the bags in the store, I can't believe I didn't notice this at the SL boutique! Now that I noticed it, it looks WAY too low on the bag. I don't know what to do! I can't believe that they would exchange my real bag for a fake....or was this a sample display bag, or what? The logo is totally off, and now I'm too sheepish to bring it back.

Please help! Do you think I should take this bag back yet again?? Ugh. I'm so disappointed :'(

Attachments

• Original scuffed bag from Paris.JPG
    Original scuffed bag from Paris.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,763
  • New bag with defective logo from Miami SL boutique.JPG
    New bag with defective logo from Miami SL boutique.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 2,071
Hmmm...I would definitely question why the logo is so much lower. If your heart isn't singing about the bag, you should return it. These bags are expensive, beautiful and should make you 100% happy. Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Reactions: Azula
Hmmm...I would definitely question why the logo is so much lower. If your heart isn't singing about the bag, you should return it. These bags are expensive, beautiful and should make you 100% happy. Good luck! Let us know what you decide.
Thanks! I will call customer service and see what they can do, because at the boutique they didn't seem too thrilled to help.

Hi Everyone,
I just posted my story as a reply to another thread, but wanted to share here too to get everyone's opinion. Hope you don't mind the copy/paste:

On a recent trip to paris, I purchased the baby SDJ in a SL boutique in black grained leather. I loved it, but my story doesn't end there. I know it was pretty naive of me but I just accepted the bag that they wrapped up for me, and I didn't have time to open it or inspect it until 10 days later when I got back home. I even carried this bag (in the SL shopping bag) as my carry-on, in order to not risk it getting stolen or lost in checked luggage, or crushed inside a carry-on suitcase. Fast forward to today, I finally opened the bag and my heart sank: it had two giant scuffs on the front, probably caused by the lock. So either the bag was already scuffed or the SA packaged it too tightly and the pressure caused the scuffing.

I ended up calling my local boutique, and they let me bring in the bag for inspection and to see if it was eligible for an exchange. It was, and since I hadn't even unwrapped the bag until today, they couldn't say that I had damaged it. They let me exchange it for the same bag in the same color. I wish that were all's well that ends well, BUT I can't believe I just now noticed something very weird with the bag now that I got home.

The logo is really low on the front of the bag!! After all my perusing pictures online and seeing the bags in the store, I can't believe I didn't notice this at the SL boutique! Now that I noticed it, it looks WAY too low on the bag. I don't know what to do! I can't believe that they would exchange my real bag for a fake....or was this a sample display bag, or what? The logo is totally off, and now I'm too sheepish to bring it back.

Please help! Do you think I should take this bag back yet again?? Ugh. I'm so disappointed :'(

I would definitely go in and ask them why the logo is so low. It's your money and you don't want a fake or defective item. I have the exact same black grained baby Sac De Jour. My logo is like the one in the first photo. Not low like the second photo. Maybe you can exchange it back to the original one you returned.

Hi, I ended up calling the other YSL boutique in my city, and I spoke to an amazing SA who was sympathetic and told me to come in. I brought in my weird logo bag and she compared it to other SDJ's, and you could see how low the logo was compared to the others. Interestingly, there was a black grained leather SDJ with silver hardware in the store that had the same bizarre low logo!! The SA said they must have manufactured a batch of them with this low logo.
Fortunately, they had just received a new black SDJ with grained leather and silver HW, and this one had the normal logo. I exchanged my weird one for this one with the correct logo (pic attached).

I feel so lucky that they had this bag, and that I was able to find a really nice SA who provided the kind of customer service you would expect from luxury designers. Thanks to everyone who took the poll and encouraged me to follow-up on it!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• img_6743 (1).jpg
    img_6743 (1).jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Hi, I ended up calling the other YSL boutique in my city, and I spoke to an amazing SA who was sympathetic and told me to come in. I brought in my weird logo bag and she compared it to other SDJ's, and you could see how low the logo was compared to the others. Interestingly, there was a black grained leather SDJ with silver hardware in the store that had the same bizarre low logo!! The SA said they must have manufactured a batch of them with this low logo.
Fortunately, they had just received a new black SDJ with grained leather and silver HW, and this one had the normal logo. I exchanged my weird one for this one with the correct logo (pic attached).

I feel so lucky that they had this bag, and that I was able to find a really nice SA who provided the kind of customer service you would expect from luxury designers. Thanks to everyone who took the poll and encouraged me to follow-up on it!! :biggrin:

The new one looks perfect!! I'm very happy for you. It's nice to have peace of mind when it comes to these things [emoji3]