Baby or Toddler Secondhand/Prelove Stores?

mayski

Jan 19, 2012
Hello! Does anyone know or recommend baby second stores in California? I've trying to maintain a budget for nursery, carseat, crib, high chair, etc. But also I have picky taste lol. I've tried craiglist & trading cradles.com but haven't had any luck. Please share intel or recommendations. I like stokke, babyletto, ergo, mamaroo, etc those type of brands due to consumer reports/reviews. But I'm open to other suggestions =) Thanks in advance!

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Hello! Does anyone know or recommend baby second stores in California? I've trying to maintain a budget for nursery, carseat, crib, high chair, etc. But also I have picky taste lol. I've tried craiglist & trading cradles.com but haven't had any luck. Please share intel or recommendations. I like stokke, babyletto, ergo, mamaroo, etc those type of brands due to consumer reports/reviews. But I'm open to other suggestions =) Thanks in advance!

I can't help but just wanted to point out that it's not advisable to buy second-hand carseats as you never know whether they have been in an accident.

redney

Lovin' Life!
O.G.
Apr 21, 2006
What area are you in in CA? Posters here can't help unless they know the general geographic location.

Try Googling "secondhand children's stores" or "children's consignment stores" in your particular city/area. I like Once Upon a Child for 2nd hand items. Here's a link to the10 stores in CA: http://www.onceuponachild.com/locations/list/CA

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Brooklyn
I would say your best best would be eBay or something similar. I feel like most stores would charge your more for secondhand, especially in CA. When we lived in NYC there were a lot of secondhand stores with great stuff, but they definitely overcharged.

Unless there is a Once Upon a Child in an area where people would sell higher end items.

Also check out sale sites like Zulilly and Gilt. They usually have those things on there. We bought all the brands you listed, but paid retail.

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Virginia
I have read that car seats and cribs should always be bought new, never second hand. If you're thinking about budget, IKEA has affordable cribs, you just have to put it together.

vtfroggie

>.<
O.G.
May 14, 2008
The land of Mary
I can't help but just wanted to point out that it's not advisable to buy second-hand carseats as you never know whether they have been in an accident.
I want to echo this. One of the first things we were told last week in "baby class" was hand-me down/pre-loved baby stuff is great to use, but NEVER borrow or buy a used car seat or breast pump.

mayski

Jan 19, 2012
You ladies rock my world - thank you so much for info! Sorry I assume I wrote So Cal (I live in Culver City) and yes, I got the babyletto modo crib :smile: I will buy a car seat brand new. Okay to buy preown bassinet and high chair?

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Brooklyn
Did you get the one from blinq? When I went back it was "sold out" and I was like "crap she missed out!" Although I assume they get different ones all the time.

skislope15

Aug 11, 2010
Blinq has awesome stuff pop up from time to time, they had orbit strollers a few weeks back! Glad you got the crib it was an awesome deal. Pre-owned bassinet and highchairs are fine, carseats your not supposed to buy because you never know if they were in an accident or not.
You ladies rock my world - thank you so much for info! Sorry I assume I wrote So Cal (I live in Culver City) and yes, I got the babyletto modo crib :smile: I will buy a car seat brand new. Okay to buy preown bassinet and high chair?

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Virginia
Yes those can be purchased pre-loved. Congrats on the crib!!

mayski

Jan 19, 2012
It is too cute! But it goes only up to 45 lbs and I'll have to get another one. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!