Baby Blue!

this_is_rj

O.G.
Mar 1, 2011
Past or present, what is your favourite Hermes light blue?

I have decided that I want a light, baby blue birkin in my collection. I am open to new or preloved and have started researching colour. I have looked at the reference library but would love to know which light, baby blue is your favourite.

From research Bleu Lin seems to be a crowd favourite, whereas Ciel not so much. I have also looked at Bleu Pale, which looks to be the lightest and I think I am leaning towards this one or Bleu Lin. There is of course Blue Brume, which I could prehaps still find in store, while a very pretty light blue, it appears brighter in photos than Bleu Lin or Bleu Pale.

I have a Bleu Indigo Birkin but have never ventured into light, baby blue, so would love to hear all of your words of wisdom.

Baby blue? Celeste, Ciel, Bleu Lin, Bleu Brume. Probably in that order for a true pastel baby blue. I don't think Bleu Pâle is baby blue as it is very light but YMMV.
I would choose Bleu Glacier as my favorite light blue but cannot call it baby blue at all.
Thanks so much for your reply.

Bleu Glacier is beautiful, but agreed not baby blue.

Would you say Ciel is darker and more grey than Bleu Lin? Baby blue is one of those colours where there are not a lot of comparison photo's unlike pink, grey etc.

Dumb question, are bs and ks still coming right now in blue brume? It's my dreaaaaam color and I'm dying to get my hands on one
Yes :smile: Currently still coming in. With H there usually is some lag in how seasonal colours appear in stores. You might still find some 1.5 years after the actual season launched. Especially with the pandemic, my specific store has not received one of its ordered bags in Bleu Brume.

Yes :smile: Currently still coming in. With H there usually is some lag in how seasonal colours appear in stores. You might still find some 1.5 years after the actual season launched. Especially with the pandemic, my specific store has not received one of its ordered bags in Bleu Brume.
Oh wow, good to know!! I'm such a noob haha. Well, fingers crossed I'm able to get my hands on something.. I've been waiting for the perfect shade of light blue for years!!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Oh wow, good to know!! I'm such a noob haha. Well, fingers crossed I'm able to get my hands on something.. I've been waiting for the perfect shade of light blue for years!!
It is lovely indeed. I bought a Bastia in Chèvre to see how the colour would go with my wardrobe and I have to admit I prefer it to Epsom (looks a bit cloudy, slightly more grey and light to my eyes), so asked my store for both a Mini Bolide in Chèvre and a Kelly Sellier. It’s one of the most beautiful colours Hermès has come out with recently. Hope you will be able to get something (and that it won’t be redundant to the Chanel 21C light blue ;))!

Reactions: Prise de Chanel
It is lovely indeed. I bought a Bastia in Chèvre to see how the colour would go with my wardrobe and I have to admit I prefer it to Epsom (looks a bit cloudy, slightly more grey and light to my eyes), so asked my store for both a Mini Bolide in Chèvre and a Kelly Sellier. It’s one of the most beautiful colours Hermès has come out with recently. Hope you will be able to get something (and that it won’t be redundant to the Chanel 21C light blue ;))!
Oooh, beautiful choice! ugh it's an absolute dream in a Kelly sellier and that's what I'd want as well. Haha, in my ideal world I'd get the Kelly before the blue Chanel comes out so I could pass on the Chanel flap! I much prefer bleu brume to the Chanel light blue.. :doh:

Oooh, beautiful choice! ugh it's an absolute dream in a Kelly sellier and that's what I'd want as well. Haha, in my ideal world I'd get the Kelly before the blue Chanel comes out so I could pass on the Chanel flap! I much prefer bleu brume to the Chanel light blue.. :doh:
I prefer any H colour over a Chanel one Just be patient. Chanel 21C might come out before a potential Bleu Brume bag offer, especially if you have to establish yourself as a regular H client first, so it might be a tough choice in November :smile:

Reactions: A bottle of Red