Baby bag question

Jun 9, 2011
I've been admiring the "baby bag tote in striped coated canvas" (style #30343) for $298 in the black and white stripes, even though I don't have a baby (unless you count my two kittens) for a number of reasons:

1) It's striped.
2) It's black and white striped.
3) It has tons of room.
4) It can be worn crossbody.

Check it out: http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000015027&navCatId=7100000000000000590

Is it silly for me to want a baby bag if I don't have a baby? (That's a question I can answer: no, I can do what I want with any kind of bag, regardless of its name/intended purpose.)

But my main question is this: Does anyone have this bag yet? What are your thoughts on it? I haven't even seen it in stores yet. Would love feedback! Thanks so much! :smile:

I think they would make great bags for travel and when you need to take a tablet or laptop, just get rid of the changing pad. It was one of the first bags I was considering. For me, the price was too high, so I ended up with an MFF Campbell, which I love.

I'm sure someone with the bag will chime in. But I think it's a great choice!

I don't have this bag, but I bought the ticking stripe baby bag last August, and have been using it as a teacher bag ever since. I love the multiple compartments - I can keep my car keys and lanyard separate. Normally I carry my lunch, a can of soda, my water bottle, extra shoes, a coach wristlet for errands, and the typical teacher stuff that gets lugged back and forth between home and school every day. My bag still looks new. In my classroom I keep my bag on the floor on the changing pad:P, but I am certainly at meetings where I can't make my purse look like my priority, and the feet make it much easier for me to put it on the floor. I say go for IT!
So, I guess my point is - Coach bags are multi-functional - make it work for you.

Here is a picture of mine when I first got her

I've been admiring the "baby bag tote in striped coated canvas" (style #30343) for $298 in the black and white stripes, even though I don't have a baby (unless you count my two kittens) for a number of reasons:

1) It's striped.
2) It's black and white striped.
3) It has tons of room.
4) It can be worn crossbody.

Check it out: http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000015027&navCatId=7100000000000000590

Is it silly for me to want a baby bag if I don't have a baby? (That's a question I can answer: no, I can do what I want with any kind of bag, regardless of its name/intended purpose.)

But my main question is this: Does anyone have this bag yet? What are your thoughts on it? I haven't even seen it in stores yet. Would love feedback! Thanks so much! :smile:
I have pretty much the same bag but the saffiano version in black violet. I'm currently using it as a diaper bag for my 6 month old and 3 year old but plan on using it later when I go back to being a music teacher. It's so easy to organize and carry. I love it! !

I'm with the previous post it doesn't look like a baby bag. My biggest issue with my coach products is being able to keep it nice, this one wipes clean. That it's huge plus!!! No matter how hard I try, I don't place my coach on the floor, ext.. I still somehow end up with a mark on it, that won't come out,
I've seen the results of people trying to clean certain materials-- it turns out to be a disaster. So having one that wipes clean is awesome!!! I have the hampton weekend tote white with lilac inside that wipes clean on the outside and i love it!!!

It's adorable! I think it would be great as a vacation bag. The only thing that makes it a baby bag is the changing pad. I've seen people use these as extra padding for their laptops, or sell them on ebay. I would love all those extra pockets!

I own this bag but in black Saffiano Leather (still on the site).

I don't have a baby- or any children for that matter, but I am in college and I use it as my school bag.
I have had it for about half a year now.

Pros-
Super amazing organization. Sometimes I try to switch bags, but as soon as I start moving things over, I realize how happy I am with the different compartments and everything has found a place in the bag.

Interior fabric feels weird and I have yet to get used to the feeling, but it cleans sooooo easily and has been durable. I carry a lot of sharp things (like metal rulers) and its held up really nicely.

Cons-
It gets heavy... fast. It has taken a while for me to get used to the heaviness of it, but I wanted to carry this over a backpack because I want to look nice at school. I built up my muscles and got used to the heaviness. It helped in the fall when I wore a heavy jacket, it kept the straps from digging.

Even still, I find its really hard to carry this crossbody when it's loaded up. So I wear it short with the straps.

I had to get a replacement bag because the crossbody strap started coming off the at seams within the few weeks I first had it, but the second one is holding up well, but I don't carry it crossbody much.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to thank all of you for your input on this bag! It's funny because many of you are teachers, and so am I! :smile: (More power to us!!)

I agree that the leather saffiano "baby" totes are awesome. Their saffiano leather is really lovely.

I've been doing damage lately to my bank account in Coach, but maybe with the PCE card I just bought...Hmmm....