Babel

Have not seen it but was looking forward to it, but now reading your post I don't know if I will bother. What did you not like?
Several things ... first, the movie seemed to drag. Second, since there were three mini stories that linked in the end Brad and Cate had small parts. There were really no main characters. Without giving away too much, the movie just lacked intrigue.

I watched it last weekend with my bf and we both really enjoyed it. It's probably one of the best film for this year. Very intense and emotional but in a subtle way. This film examines how miscommunication, lack of understanding, and pure stupidity can often lead to tragedy, which it does in our society. The film is 2 1/2 hours long, which may seems long, but if you think about the fact that the film addressed every social/political issues in both macro (international) and micro (family) ways, he did a supurb job in cramming everything in there. If you like the Traffic or Crash, then you'll probably like this one. But this is not as dramatic as the other two.