Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Other please add a comment <3

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

love will thaw

a frozen heart
Apr 28, 2014
Hello!

After finally buying my First Hermes bag (k28 gold ghw) I am looking to add another bag in my collection in the future.

I do prefer the overall look of the Kelly bag and a K25 would be perfect to use for both everyday use as well as evening use (although I mainly carry it hand held I do like the strap).

However, a Birkin seems more practical. Maybe it could be used as a work bag everyday? Would any of you ladies put your lunch box in it though?

K25 in rouge casaque (phw) or black (ghw)
B30 in etain (either hardware) or black (ghw)

Frame wise I'm 160cm and about 50kg. I wear mainly black or neutrals (~military green counted). If I wear a colour it is usually red.

I'm lost at sea and I'm not sure what I want.

Please if anyone has modelling shots or anything everything is welcome :heart:.

Edit: I'm very minimal about my closet and I'm currently only looking to add one bag at this time.

To fit a lunch box I recommend 30 size. Black or Etain are both good colours or go for pop colour if it is ok for work. 28 can go from work to evening, depending how much you need to carry.

With a laptop and other work things (water, gym clothes etc.) a Birkin might be too heavy to schlep around town. I'm also afraid clients might think they're paying me too much. I'm waiting for a black Kelly for a non work bag.

I voted for B30 Black since you already have a Kelly. I also personally find the Birkin to be a lot more practical than the Kelly because I just keep the top flap open and its a lot easier to get in and out off. B30 Black with GHW is such a classic and would fit your frame perfectly!

Reactions: WingNut
A B30 can be used as a workbag depending upon your requirements. It won't hold a laptop or files, so if you need to carry those items a 35 is a better choice for that. I do think a black B30 is the hands down best bag of all time though.

Hello!

After finally buying my First Hermes bag (k28 gold ghw) I am looking to add another bag in my collection in the future.

I do prefer the overall look of the Kelly bag and a K25 would be perfect to use for both everyday use as well as evening use (although I mainly carry it hand held I do like the strap).

However, a Birkin seems more practical. Maybe it could be used as a work bag everyday? Would any of you ladies put your lunch box in it though?

Edit: I'm very minimal about my closet and I'm currently only looking to add one bag at this time.

If you prefer the Kelly, why are you considering a Birkin?
is this going to be your 'next' or the only other Hermes bag that you will own?
You do not have to read many threads on here to get the idea that contributors reading this will consider it unlikely that it will be your second and final Hermes bag.
You even qualified your future buying with 'at this time'. We all know the implications of that: the slippery orange slope! So whichever you choose, there is a likelihood that the other might follow at some time in the future.

Kellys and Birkins are not truly interchangeable from a functional point of view.
You outline the way in which a Birkin can be more practical as a work bag, but you also see how a Kelly would be a perfect everyday bag also appropriate for evenings.

So, when and where do you imagine yourself using this new bag.
Therein should lie the answer to your quandary.

You already have a universal classic in gold and any of your choices would be a useful addition to your wardrobe.

Lost at sea? Captain Carl said make a right.

To your dilemma The color is easier than which style. Black Birkin or Kelly. Which style hinges on intended use.

Would I carry lunch in a birkin probably as long as it is secure to ensure no leakage whatsoever.

Style is a bit tougher for me to recommend only because you stated you have the gold Kelly and you like the style. Kelly imho is a polished look meaning can be dressy or more carried casually and the black would certainly slide right in there nicely.

Birkin is a tote and easier to use from an accessibility standpoint. I do not consider it a dressy style. Am sure these points you are mulling.

i do put my lunch box in... (hope I’m not the only one). Besides lunch box, I also have my laptop or iPad in. I mainly use b35 or plume; am stilling struggling w toting any b below 35

You are not the only one. B30 or 35, I‘ve carried food, shoes (in a baggie), tools, ipad, etc. How much depends on which bag I‘m carrying but I definitely use them to their full potential!

Reactions: allywchu1
I voted for the B given you already have a K. I voted for black given your wardrobe.

Separately, I'm so happy to know not only that Birkins are truly used as totes (many times I see them half or marginally filled), but also that many of us bring our lunch!