Oct 6, 2008

Attachments

• !B(4SfO!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVUyCBKejF4Tr+w~~_35.jpg
    !B(4SfO!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKkIEjlLmVUyCBKejF4Tr+w~~_35.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 264
  • !B(4zYz!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLmIUKBBKemVFUhSQ~~_35.jpg
    !B(4zYz!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLmIUKBBKemVFUhSQ~~_35.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 209
I own a B Makowsky bag. I love the feel of the leather and the quality is pretty good. My only problem with his bags is that they are heavy, especially when I put all of my things in the bag. The one I have is really cute so I just deal with it. I like a lot of his bags and I'm thinking about getting another one. So if you like the bag, I say buy it! The satchel is really cute.

My friend has a B.Makowsky and she loves it. The leather is soft but thick, and the bag seems well made.

Hope you love it if you get it! :tup:

I like Makowsky & I even own 2 jakartas (my fave!), but that particular satchel reminds me of the infamous vagina purse we discussed on here a while back...

I like Makowsky & I even own 2 jakartas (my fave!), but that particular satchel reminds me of the infamous vagina purse we discussed on here a while back...
Ha, ha! I'm still reeling from that one! This one might be a little bit more subliminal, but the pleating is very nice, and it looks like a great basic bag.

I just bought my first one last week and it still has the tags, I haven't used it yet. The leather is so soft... but then I read some posts on here about color transfer, poor quality & customer service (but hopefully that has since been corrected as those were older posts).

They also sell them on Zappos. I don't know about QVC policy. But Zappos will get you the bag generally the next day with free shipping and if you want to return it, that's also free... you just print out a UPS label, slap it on the box and drop it at a UPS store. Zappos is super-easy to deal with for an online shop.

I have three B Makowsky bags, and I love all three. The leather really is very nice. The bag that you are considering is the same one that I want also. His bags tend to "puddle" when you set them down. They don't have much structure at all. But this bag looks like it has more structure, so it should be easier to find things in when you need to. And yes, the color does transfer, but in my experience, it's only with the darker colors, and not all of the time. Having said all of that, I would definitely get the bag if I were you. The beautiful leather is reason enough!!

I have a B Makowsky bag and I love it. I have had no problems with color transfer or anything falling apart on it. Like Kianshay said, my particular style doesn't seem to have too much structure when I set it down, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I like that satchel though! I would try it out!!! :biggrin:

I own two Makowskys, his Phuket satchel and his Eden shopper. I like the design of the bags and the feel of the leather is quite impressive. I definitely don't mind the weight of his bags at all and don't think they're even as heavy as many people seem to say. One thing I dislike is the leopard print nylon lining as the leopard print is pretty atrocious to look at and the nylon lining feels too flimsy and not appealing to the touch. I definitely like his new polyester suede though. I am considering his Lucca cross-body and his Lucca tote.

I haven't had problems with quality, but the one thing I do notice and expected is that the leather gets stained more easily than other leathers because of the minimal finish.

The satchel posted in the original post isn't what I'd go for design-wise.

I own a black B. Makowsky Jakarta Shopper and love it. The leather is smooth and thick and the hardware is of high quality. It is a bit heavy but I don't mind it. The only thing I don't like is the cheap-looking leopard lining, but overall it's a very well-made bag.

Last edited: