B Ban Island Club

I hear you! But sometimes I think we overlook what we have, looking for the next bag. My recent experience with the Pompon has made me think long and hard about my motivation. Ultimately, in my case, it's worked out for the best. Another bag would have marginalized the wonderful Brief my DD gave me for Mother's Day. What message would I have inadvertently sent had I bought another bag (admittedly one I do not need) so soon after I received my beloved Brief? Something for me to ponder while I wade in the crystal waters of Ban Island.

Haha! This one was a mix of funny AND insightful (start was insightful, then you got all funny on us with your last sentence LOL! :lol:). I agree with your insights, and yes, I think we'll have a lot of time to ponder on these things while on the island :P

So my BV just arrived today (and my Bal RT should arrive by tomorrow)... I am trying my best to be strong in my ban resolve, of course (the two bags I mentioned were ordered days ago/a week ago), but I just wanted to ask this question - when you buy/receive a new bag, does it make you satisfied, or does it make you want to buy more? I find that I am of course satisfied, but at the same time, weirdly motivated to get another new bag (or two). Is that weird, or is this something other people experience too? Is this why bag bans are so hard to stick to? :lol:

EDIT: I find the wanting to get a new bag (after just receiving one) bit is especially true for Bals. It's like - you love the bag you buy/receive, so you start thinking of buying another Bbag in another great Bal color!

I totally hear you. I always feel temporarily satisfied but then for whatever reason I pick up looking again. This has to be a disease :smile:

I'm hoping when I receive my last two purchases that the satisfaction lasts.

I totally hear you. I always feel temporarily satisfied but then for whatever reason I pick up looking again. This has to be a disease :smile:

I'm hoping when I receive my last two purchases that the satisfaction lasts.

Same here! :biggrin: This is what this thread is for... so any time you feel like your resolve is crumbling, just post ;)

So I'm proud of myself since I got some emails on Memorial Day sales and I was strong enough to resist looking at them. Wahaha! :graucho:

Same here! :biggrin: This is what this thread is for... so any time you feel like your resolve is crumbling, just post ;)

So I'm proud of myself since I got some emails on Memorial Day sales and I was strong enough to resist looking at them. Wahaha! :graucho:

Oooo me too... Admittedly I opened a few links bit didn't really look at anything or feel tempted. Its a start

Well Done! Now we don't have to hide canoe so you can't paddle back to the mainland during the Memorial Day sales frenzy! As for my preferred mode of travel....

:broom:

Well Done! Now we don't have to hide canoe so you can't paddle back to the mainland during the Memorial Day sales frenzy! As for my preferred mode of travel....

:broom:

True. But seriously girls... How sucky is it to be on a ban during good sales??? But I will persevere... I want to remain on the island surrounded by sand and water and trees and not temptation :smile:

True. But seriously girls... How sucky is it to be on a ban during good sales??? But I will persevere... I want to remain on the island surrounded by sand and water and trees and not temptation :smile:

Right, same here! It makes me wonder if I should have held off buying... Nah! :graucho:

We can sip our drinks and swim around here and wait it out until the sales are over :lol:

So my BV just arrived today (and my Bal RT should arrive by tomorrow)... I am trying my best to be strong in my ban resolve, of course (the two bags I mentioned were ordered days ago/a week ago), but I just wanted to ask this question - when you buy/receive a new bag, does it make you satisfied, or does it make you want to buy more? I find that I am of course satisfied, but at the same time, weirdly motivated to get another new bag (or two). Is that weird, or is this something other people experience too? Is this why bag bans are so hard to stick to? :lol:

EDIT: I find the wanting to get a new bag (after just receiving one) bit is especially true for Bals. It's like - you love the bag you buy/receive, so you start thinking of buying another Bbag in another great Bal color!

Did you do a reveal in the BV forum? :smile:
I think wanting another bag after just purchasing one is something that I have only noticed feeling since I began collecting B Bags.
For instance, I wanted another Day bag because I use the DN so often and I didn't want it to get worn out. After I purchased my Bleu Mineral Velo I knew that I needed a black one too...even though I had other black bags. It's hard for me to carry anything other than my B Bags because they are just so comfortable and have that casual yet dressy look to them. I have one for every type of outfit situation. :P
Plus, there are just so many colors, I am a very visual person and the ability to pick out whatever color suits my mood feels amazing.
To answer your question...yes, I am almost always on the hunt for a new B Bag, even if I don't end up buying it for myself.

Maice, Your pink Furla has been calling my name since you posted it here...

Not me... but don't you be giving me any ideas :lol:

I search for them in my daily rounds of all of the consignment sites and Ebay :P I am looking forward to the Bal store opening in the Bay Area sometime soon so that I can try them on, I have no idea what size I am in a moto. Probably a good thing...

My ban is going to last until November at the very least. How about you all? How long will you be staying on the island?

Did you do a reveal in the BV forum? :smile:
I think wanting another bag after just purchasing one is something that I have only noticed feeling since I began collecting B Bags.
For instance, I wanted another Day bag because I use the DN so often and I didn't want it to get worn out. After I purchased my Bleu Mineral Velo I knew that I needed a black one too...even though I had other black bags. It's hard for me to carry anything other than my B Bags because they are just so comfortable and have that casual yet dressy look to them. I have one for every type of outfit situation. :P
Plus, there are just so many colors, I am a very visual person and the ability to pick out whatever color suits my mood feels amazing.
To answer your question...yes, I am almost always on the hunt for a new B Bag, even if I don't end up buying it for myself.

Maice, Your pink Furla has been calling my name since you posted it here...

I did do a reveal at the BV forum, rainneday :biggrin: I am amazed at your ability to spot great Bals, seriously (I may have told you more than once before) - and everything you are saying about you being such a visual person fits into that observation of mine. Bals are so addictive, and though I LOVE Bal, I have to admit YOU were bitten by the Bal bug even worse than me (way worse!) ! ;) And your talent for finding good Bbags should be shared as you have - you certainly helped me (and I believe some others in the Bal sub-forum as well)!!! :biggrin:

I LOVE my Furla. It's so hassle-free, the color is fun, and the material is such a novelty to me (it's my one and only rubber bag). The price point is also great (especially compared to Bals and Prada, which are my top 2) - although I've had some reactions of "How can you spend so much for rubber?!" I don't take that against them, I think they really just don't get it, which I can understand :lol: It's not like I'm planning to start a collection of the rubber bags - it's my one bag, a lovely novelty bag that's also hassle-free and just fun! Uh-oh... that was not me encouraging you, BTW :P