B-bags Pre-2001

denises

*Recent Bal Convert*
O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hey ladies!

I've been lusting over the City for quite a while now and right now I'm choosing between that and an LV to buy this summer. I've always been an LV girl, and I am a total noob when it comes to Balenciaga. Anyway I was just curious as to what bags Balenciaga designed before the "motorcycle" bags. I know this style started around 2001, so pre-2001, what bags did they sell? And also do you think that these motorcycle bags such as the city will still be in years from now?

Sorry if this thread should not be posted on here, I just looked everywhere and couldn't find my answer so mods, feel free to move or delete this post!

pasia

O.G.
Mar 18, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Don't know about the prior bags, just know that their other bags that are not in the motorcycle looks totally different, as if it was another brand...

But i think the motorcycle bags will be in style for a long time. It's a modern classic, I could almost compare it to the 2.55... I mean, how many other "it-bags" have been around for almost a decade?? What happened to the chloé paddington? The fendi spy bag? Bbags are still going strong and I don't see them dying yet....

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Don't know about the prior bags, just know that their other bags that are not in the motorcycle looks totally different, as if it was another brand...

But i think the motorcycle bags will be in style for a long time. It's a modern classic, I could almost compare it to the 2.55... I mean, how many other "it-bags" have been around for almost a decade?? What happened to the chloé paddington? The fendi spy bag? Bbags are still going strong and I don't see them dying yet....
^^Wow, good point! I never thought of that! There are so many more "it" bags I can think of that were hot for a year or two, but not anymore: Chloe Edith, YSL Muse etc. These bags will always have fans that keep wearing them and rock them well, but they're not the hot bags they once were. Where as Bal just keeps gaining steam. They've become iconic and classic for sure. 10 years and still standing the test of time.