B-Bags: Online Shop in the UK

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
Oh no Greenie ... that's not good! I always insist that they send the parcel using a mechanism where it can be tracked (protects both the seller and the buyer!). I hope you get word soon!

Greenie

Bag Ho
Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta
CeeJay said:
Oh no Greenie ... that's not good! I always insist that they send the parcel using a mechanism where it can be tracked (protects both the seller and the buyer!). I hope you get word soon!
I know. :sad2:

I responded to their email instead of sending a new one from the account page. So I just did that today. Hopefully, I'll get some sort of answer. Some of these smaller operations aren't really setup for online ordering.

Heck I paid 65 pounds for the shipping! It should have come on the Concorde!

Greenie

Bag Ho
Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta
Update...I got my balenciaga hobo! I have to post pics. It's gorgeous!!! Although the box they sent it in was torn and dirty, the bag is great! I don't think I would order from them again though.

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
Pheew ... GREAT news Greenie!!!

I'm still toying with the idea of ordering the Apple Green City, but I've also been looking at the Dior Gaucho! Oh, will it ever end?!?!

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
Colorado
How did they ship it? DHL?

Curious because they seem to be the only people with the Rouge First :love: but, I am not sure if the experience will be worth it - would love to hear more about your take on the shipping and costs.

I hate being gouged on shipping; especially since I run an Int'l retail parts business and ship all over the world, I can quote UPS and FedEx shipping rates to any US State and can calculate Int'l without much problem. I know when I am getting screwed with shipping costs and it steams me.

Can't wait to see pictures.

ranskimmie

Jan 25, 2006
Be careful girls,
I myself was going to order from them, but was curious about how shipping worked from the UK to the US. At first they never answered my e-mails until I got brave, placed an order for the apple b-bag with my CC. They kept telling me it shipped, and 2 weeks later no bag. Just received an e-mail stating that the bag was no longer available. My CC was refunded. It was just such a hassle.

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
Logan,

Have you tried to give them your Account # to use, so that you can keep the shipping cost down? I've done this before, and it saved me a TON!!

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
Colorado
CeeJay said:
Logan,

Have you tried to give them your Account # to use, so that you can keep the shipping cost down? I've done this before, and it saved me a TON!!
Really :idea:

No, I had not thought of that, but, perhaps I will email them and see if they will accomodate my request.

Good idea (when my customers ask me this I tell them no!) LOL

However, I used my UPS account to retrieve my Ice Blue City from an Ebayer, worked great and I had it in 2 days. :biggrin:

Greenie

Bag Ho
Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta
They charged me 65 pounds and it was shipped parcelforce in the UK and to USPS here. It was registered. I had to go pick it up. It took about a week. Personally, I think that was a little high. I emailed them for the tracking number and they said they don't use UPS anymore because the insurance was too high. Really, this is a boutique, not an online store. It's not a very "together" operation.

I would call first to see if they have what you want before ordering. The telephone number dialing from the US is 011 44 151 227 4645.

Shipping wise, they had brown paper on the box. The box was a balenciaga box and it was white with dirty marks on it and one corner was torn. Inside was the bag inside of the dustbag. It had all components inside of the zipper section. the card with the black string and the pin, the controllato card, the price tag, the extra tassels (long ways, not round) inside of plastic/taped.

The numbers are correct for the model and match the card. It looks fantastic. I love the leather. Wow, now I know what you guys are always obsessing over. The leather is so soft and squishy. Very nice. The color is not as light as the pic on the web. It's darker; more of the bluet color.

I hope this helps you guys. You guys were very helpful to me!

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
Colorado
Thanks Greenie - great information. have you posted pictures yet?

And, of course your cat is just smashing in this new pose. :biggrin:

Greenie

Bag Ho
Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta
Loganz said:
Thanks Greenie - great information. have you posted pictures yet?

And, of course your cat is just smashing in this new pose. :biggrin:
I gotta post...my hubby took the camera to work...he doesn't realize he's holding up the show here! LOL

witlessz

Jan 22, 2006
What about buying from Luisa Via Roma? Does anyone in US/California have experience with the whole price/tax/shipping/shopping at that site?

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Well, I got brave and ordered a First in Rouge from Cricket. (I wanted it SO badly!!!!) I was a bit worried after what I read here, but I couldn't find this color anywhere else, so I decided to go for it. I've had great experiences with Visa backing me up when I've had online problems in the past (only twice) so that gave me the confidence to order.

It arrived today, and I inspected it thoroughly and compared it to my other First bag--and it's perfect! I'm in love all over again!!!

I would have to say I had a good experience with Cricket. They replied to my emails within 24 hours, and shipped the next business day. I received the package within one week. The shipping charge is pretty high, but I think part of it covers their "Worldpay" credit card authorization. The total price was still a bit less than I paid for my other First bag here in Canada. (Yeah, they're pricey here!!!) So I would order from them again.

I l:love: ve my new bag!!!!

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
I have the rouge First and it's divine!!! The colour is really fabulous, a very rich berry red that doesn't offend, lol! I have owned some red stuff in the past which is well, kinda garish and loud but so me, ahaha! But the rouge even my husband liked. Normally he doesn't notice my bags but when I brought this one out, he remarked that he thinks that's a great colour!! I almost fell off my seat.:lol:

Regarding postage from the UK, yes, it's expensivo! There's standard Parcelforce and the express one. If around 2kg, the standard one here to Australia is 42.90GBP and the express option is 66.30 GBP. Both of these have automatic insurance up to 150 GBP. The Express option is fully trackable while the standard is only partially trackable so to be safe, go with the Express.

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
California
snowwhite said:
Well, I got brave and ordered a First in Rouge from Cricket. (I wanted it SO badly!!!!) I was a bit worried after what I read here, but I couldn't find this color anywhere else, so I decided to go for it. I've had great experiences with Visa backing me up when I've had online problems in the past (only twice) so that gave me the confidence to order.

It arrived today, and I inspected it thoroughly and compared it to my other First bag--and it's perfect! I'm in love all over again!!!

I would have to say I had a good experience with Cricket. They replied to my emails within 24 hours, and shipped the next business day. I received the package within one week. The shipping charge is pretty high, but I think part of it covers their "Worldpay" credit card authorization. The total price was still a bit less than I paid for my other First bag here in Canada. (Yeah, they're pricey here!!!) So I would order from them again.

I l:love: ve my new bag!!!!
Oh, do post your red rouge first!!! I want to see!!! :nuts: :lol: How's the leather?