B Bags @ Holt Renfrew Canada

^ Yeah I hate that. I would prefer to support the Canadian economy but when the price is jacked up so much it's just unfair. I guess I support them when I pay my HORRENDOUS customs fees...!

DITTO EliZa... support them by the OVERLY charged FEES by customs *_*... yah i would suppor them 100% too but when i know it's not as much as they price it... big turn off... *arh* where in canada are you at?

I live in the GTA :smile: I like to check out the Holts at Yorkdale and Bloor, but for some reason they don't excite me much because their prices are so blatantly higher than the States / ebay:heart: ... it irks me! Where abouts are you?

I agree with you girls, I have only bought mine in the states, which is sad to say but common Holts, get your act together..the exchange rate is 1.15 give or take..not 1.5

eliza = ALBERTA... no PST here... just GST... but STILL... more expensive! I know what you mean about going there to see the Balenciaga bags IRL, but does not excit me whatsoever!... not much selection for colors either!

Eeyore... DITTO... they gotta get it through their heads... NOT 1.5 exchange rate!! arh.

^ YES! Their colour selection sucks... WHICH in a way is a good thing IMO. It's means us ebay/internet saavy/willing to travel Canadian customers will get a hold of rare and different colours and styles that others won't have, and we'll look unique!

yep yep! i was in holt a week ago w/ my ink city... and the SA actually asked me what color that is, it's so different she never seen it before... i didn't know what to say!! hahaha...

^ hahaha, most SAs well...they know nothing..they don't train people to be as obsessed as us I guess (we should all work there and get discounts LOL)

I had gone in the other day and they called one designer label a woman..and it is a man...I didn't say anything because it is not a big deal, but I know it is a male designer.

I'm gonna go on Friday to the one at Yorkdale again and hope it is the 25% off weekend for CC holders

I never miss a chance to tell the SAs at Holt's how EVERY Balenciaga buyer I know refuses to buy it there due to the obscene markup. Some feign surprise but most of them commiserate as I know they've heard this complaint many times. The problem is actually people who are not as educated on B-Bags and just want a "trendy" bag, not caring how much it costs or, more importantly, that they can get it much cheaper elsewhere. As long as those people are buying, the prices are not going to come down. Ah well:shrugs:

I never miss a chance to tell the SAs at Holt's how EVERY Balenciaga buyer I know refuses to buy it there due to the obscene markup. Some feign surprise but most of them commiserate as I know they've heard this complaint many times. The problem is actually people who are not as educated on B-Bags and just want a "trendy" bag, not caring how much it costs or, more importantly, that they can get it much cheaper elsewhere. As long as those people are buying, the prices are not going to come down. Ah well:shrugs:

I think we get crappier leather batches here too. None of the bags that I see here really do it for me because the leather is so dry and cracked looking. They don't fall like the ones I have. I was talking to an SA about that and they felt mine and told me that mine was so soft it must've been made out of different leather, that they're goat now, but must've been different before! Nope! Mine came like that and didn't have to be worked in. JMO :smile:

^ AERIN I absolutely agree... the grade of leather seems to be inferior to the one I purchased from the states on ebay. All the Holts bags looks super "thirsty" or something! And SOOOOOO veiny... I like veins because it gives the bag character, but when it looks like the sahara desert, that's too much.

^^ I don't like when a black bbag is so veiny that it looks GREY! That drives me nuts. A friend of mine wanted to buy a black first or twiggy and I wouldn't let her because one was reeeeeeally dry and the other was sooooo veiny. She was sad, but then I had her feel my black first and she definitely wants one with older leather now (or at least one from this year with good leather).:smile:

Oh i was at Yorkdale few days ago too and was molesting the emerald one, but i ended up buying MJ Quilted blake since it was the same price and i already have first in blue roi. I agree though they have so many bags but not many nice ones, and SA never know anything about the colours. I remember back when i wanted Blue India city they couldnt figure out for the longest time what i wanted. Do you think they'll get new colours at all?