B-Bags at Barneys NY (Chestnut Hill)

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay ... to make up for the fact that I quite literally tore out of my office at work to get to the Barneys NY at the Chestnut Hill Mall (after I heard they had the Rouge Vif) ... I figured that I needed to post the fact that they still have a fair amount of bags left (sorry ... they aren't on sale, but I know that some of you are still looking for these colors/styles). So, here it goes and advance pardon as my memory is a little faulty (due to my extreme excitement after scoring the Rouge Vif bag!!).

2006 Pre-Spring & Spring
    • Lilac - Work, City, Box, Twiggy & First
    • Cornflower Blue - Work, First and {I think} City
    • Rouille - Weekender, Work, City and First
    • White - Courier
    • Black - Courier & Purse
    • Grey (Gris Fonce) - Work and City
    • Ink - First
    2006 Fall !!!
    • Truffe - Weekender, Work, Mini Compagnon & Mini Coin Purse
    • Grenat - Work and First (if I remember correctly, there was another style available, but for the life of me - I can't remember!)
    • Greige - Work
    • Rouge Vif - First (oops ... sold ... TO ME!!)
    Now ... my thoughts on the Fall colors/leather:
    • Truffe - I had high hopes for this color (based on the LuisaviaRoma PDF). Unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations ... I thought it had too much of a olive undertone and the leather was so smooth that IMHO ... it looked fake. This was true for all the Truffe bags.
    • Grenat - beautiful color!!!!! Looked very much like the 2005 Pre-Fall Bordeaux but a little more brown. Leather was better than the Truffe, but not as crinkly/distressed as I usually like it. I would highly recommend this color though.
    • Greige - a very light Grey; frankly, I didn't like it. It reminded me of the Silver (Argent) color ... more on the light/silver side whereas the 2006 Spring Grey (Gris Fonce) is darker and is more reminiscent of the Pewter color (I've been mulling over this one).
    • Rouge Vif - absolutely STUNNING!!! In my opinion, this color is bound to be one of the classics like the Mustard, Anis, Eggplant, etc.
    The Barneys/Chestnut Hill # is: (617) 969-5354 ... ask for Peter (he's the *B*E*S*T* S/A there!!!)

Good luck!!!!

2. I can't believe I just read this. I just hung up with Peter. I LOVE HIM TOO! :biggrin:

3. Grenat - Work and First (if I remember correctly, there was another style available, but for the life of me - I can't remember!)

It was the day/hobo

4. Ceejay- Thanks for the update. I love the way you color coded the bags.

5. thanks for the report, ceejay!

6. Thanks for posting, Ceejay! Congrats again your bag! :smile:

7. Thanks zacorey ... in my enthusiam for the Rouge Vif, I totally looked "through" everything else!!!

8. I do love Monica (my sardinian friend) also!! Poor Peter ... I told him he was going to probably be inundated with phone calls!!!

9. oh, ceejay... i've already told you on tfs, but congrats on your fire engine classique.:love: i'm sure Barney's will get flooded with calls soon and they have you to thank.;)

10. Thanks for the info, Ceejay and congrats on your new addition!

11. Thanks for the report and leather review:smile:) Congrats on your rouge First!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice