B-bager's - WHATS YOUR HIDDEN TALENT! Hobbies, Skills, Quirks

this is a fun thread, i can sing like the three mice in Babe, the movie with the little pig... blue moon... i was standing alone..... with a little squeezy voice:roflmfao::whistle:

My only weird talent is being able to guess pregnancies way before women are comfortable going public with their news... so I guess I'm a pregs-whisperer of sorts :shame:

Oh and remembering random phone numbers too. Otherwise my memory is terrible.

I love this thread! I have so much fun discovering everyone's wonderful talents and I visit this thread often enough I figure it's high time I contributed to it!

Here's moi (sorry, it's a little long):

I love circus performances à la "Cirque du Soleil", so about ten years ago I picked up fire dancing in Greece. At night, people would throw improvised parties on the beach, and when the energy level would reach it's high point, the fire dancers would treat us to some jaw dropping performances. It was so magical... I miss those times... :girlsigh:

In case some of you have no idea what I'm talking about, wikipedia has a wonderful section on poi and fire spinning:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poi_(juggling)

They explain it much better than I ever could! ;) Also, if you want to see a spectacular fire spinning number, the "Cirque du Soleil - Alegria" dvd showcases an unbelievable Maori staff and double staff fire spinner.

I first learned to spin poi and then slowly moved on to learn staff and ropes as well. Staff is like majorette meets martial arts. After the first month my body was completely covered in bruises, but I was determined to do this no matter what! It was actually only 2 years down the road that I finally felt proficient enough to muster up the guts to set my gear on fire... and that was it - I was hooked forever! Three years ago while I was studying for my yoga certification in Thailand, I was lucky enough to meet a fire spinning master who agreed to give me private staff spinning lessons. Now having been self taught, I had unfortunately acquired some bad habits to say the least, and had to un-learn stuff I thought I had actually mastered... it was really quite discouraging. In order to re-educate the hard drive of what had become instinctive moves for me, he would have me practice the same move over and over again, sometimes for 2-3 hours straight. It was torture - but it was also fun! Just remembering this I can almost feel the pain in my arms, fingers and shoulders again! It was definitely well worth it though. He truly perfected my technique. I even got the chance to join his group in giving paid performances for beach front nightclubs. We didn't get paid all that much, but at least it allowed broke me (at the time), the financial freedom to stay in Thailand for an extra 2 months and realize a dream! :smile:

It's a hidden talent of mine because I don't make a living out of it (save for that brief period in Thailand). My fire spinning is reserved to friend and family parties/get togethers and that rare occasion when I'm lucky enough to chill on a beach by the fire. Many have asked me why I practice such a crazy and dangerous sport. All I can say is the beauty of fire dancing just mesmerized me from day one. I feel so alive, and the exhilaration and sound of fire swooshing around your body is just overwhelmingly addictive. One day I hope to go to New Zealand and Hawaii, the birth places of fire spinning to further my practice and learn double staff spinning. As I'm not ambidextrous, this should prove to be my biggest challenge yet!

I can't seem to find the pics of me spinning my staff but here are a few poi pics.

Attachments

• 192986.JPG
    192986.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 192987.JPG
    192987.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 32
:roflmfao::roflmfao: I´d love to be able to dance like Elaine......you really rock gal:P:wlae: even though I cannot dance like Elaine my character is pretty similar to that of Gorge,LOL (and I am very good at making fun of myself...if that´s a talent???)

I'm known for doing spot on impressions of my friends' walks, laughter, facial expressions, hand gestures, etc. Esp after downing a few drinks...

Up until college years (haven't tried since :smile:...I'd never come undone!) I could do a back bend, drop my elbows to the floor, then grab my ankles and pull my head through my legs. I could also do the splits both ways.

Oh. I can dance like Elaine on Seinfeld.

Yes! It is. I'm pretty good at that particular talent too. LOL
Practice elaine's moves while watching one of the old shows then report back to me. :smile:

My arms are double jointed so I can turn them 360 degrees. Depending on whom I am doing that in front of, girls either scream or guys get disturbingly turned on.

Also, I do a pretty dead-on cat meow. There is this cat sanctuary here in Rome in the same spot as some ancient ********** temples, so when we visited the site, I started meowing and a lot of them came to me.

For some reason, I've always been the one that no matter where I am or what I'm doing people tell me things about themselves. :wtf:

I'm a great cook and love to bake from scratch even though I don't eat what I bake and my hubby says that I make him the billy goat!

I too can pinch people with my toes, pick up things with my toes and write (although not really legibly)with them! Just call me monkey girl! :roflmfao: