b-bag productions

No...Balenciaga doesn't release that info as far as I know. One exception to that is the limited edition magenta that's coming out in August...that will be a production of about 200-300 (I've heard conflicting reports).

According to my local Balenciaga boutique, it depends on what buyers order. Buyers get to preview the collection about 2 seasons in advance and place their orders. Balenciaga will produce the numbers necessary to meet these orders. Since the production is done quite far ahead, there is no re-ordering of styles/colours once they are sold out. So if buyers read the market wrongly, they could end up with lots of unsold bags (e.g. GH), while making other styles/colours a rarity.

With limited editions, I think certain countries work with Balenciaga to come up with the styles/colours and production is again limited to the orders placed. There have been limited editions for HK and Japan in the past, and now magenta for NY.

According to my local Balenciaga boutique, it depends on what buyers order. Buyers get to preview the collection about 2 seasons in advance and place their orders. Balenciaga will produce the numbers necessary to meet these orders. Since the production is done quite far ahead, there is no re-ordering of styles/colours once they are sold out. So if buyers read the market wrongly, they could end up with lots of unsold bags (e.g. GH), while making other styles/colours a rarity.

With limited editions, I think certain countries work with Balenciaga to come up with the styles/colours and production is again limited to the orders placed. There have been limited editions for HK and Japan in the past, and now magenta for NY.

This is correct...it's all based on the orders placed during the pre-order period from all of the authorized sellers. For example, S/S 08 orders should start late June or early July and the colors for that season will be announced at that time as well.

Thanks for the starting this thread, sooks. I didn't know this is how they do things. I can't wait to see the new colors IRL. I wish I had a secret source on the inside to find out what the colors would be for the next season :ninja:

Fascinating thread!!

So if they only make as many as are ordered, I wonder if that drives the color palatte offered for the following season?? Or is that more of a fashion thing?