Azur Speedy or Neverfull?

Hello everyone,

This is going to be my first LV purchase! I started out with a love for Coach bags and then went onto Gucci. Now, I can't stop thinking about Louis Vuitton!:biggrin:

I usually like larger bags since I can hold more in it. But I've disovered that I am one of those people who just tend to put lots of thing in my purse that I don't need and find that I get annoyed when it gets too full and heavy. I currently use the large Sukey Gucci and I find that its a little big sometimes. :sad:

When I saw the Speedy and Neverfull, I fell in love with both! I just cant decide which is more practical. I am looking at the Azur Canvas. The Speedy 25 or 30 and the Neverfull in the PM and MM. I am quite indesicive when it comes to this decision since I love them both so much.

I love how big the Neverfull is, but it bothers me that there isn't a zip closure. I also love the room the Speedy has, but I am not sure about the top handle since I like to put my purses over my shoulder...but that could be because I've typically been using largers bgs and they are kind of big to be carrying on my arm.

Suggestions?

Thanks everyone

hey! The fact that the Neverfull doesn't zip isn't a problem to me,, when you have it over your shoulder it's great,, andit does have a closure to help the top stay shut a bit.. it's a great bag. I have the MM size.. eventually I would love to get a speedy 30 or 35,,, but the fact you can't put it over your shoulder if you want is not the best thing.. I just love the style of it... I was soo torn b/t a neverful and speedy.... but I adore my neverfull :smile: good luck decidiing...

this is a really tough choice! I got the azur speedy, but I still love the look of the neverfull in azur. One of the major reasons i chose not to get the neverfull was because people seemed to be having a lot of issues with the quality of the straps. The other this is that the speedy has more leather. I love the neverfull, but for just a tote with no zipper, the price isn't really practical. I'm also scared of things falling out of open bags or having some one reach into the bag. I also think the speedy is a great 1st bag!

I just had the same dilemma yesterday and I went with the neverfull mm. I had the speedy 30 at first and exchanged it for the neverfull because I prefer a shoulder bag and I was concerned about color trasfer b/c I tend to wear jeans alot. I will probably get the speedy 30 in the ebene this fall. Good luck deciding !!

I had to make the same decision about a week ago! I went with the Neverfull MM :smile: I love it and don't regret my purchase at all! I prefer a shoulder bag because 1) I'm a mother of a 1 year old and need my hands free to carry her around, 2) I live in my True Religion, Rock and Republic, and Seven for all Mankind jeans and didn't want to worry about color transfer, and 3) I like that there's less vachetta on the handles to worry about. A handheld vachetta strap will get dirtier than one over the shoulder.

Good luck making your decision! They are both beautiful bags!

I'd get the NF in MM, PM is quite small. The bag is pretty deep, so you don't need to worry about anything falling out. I also prefer shoulder carry over hand-held, and the NF has been the perfect shoulder bag for me. I currently have it in Ebene but am thinking about adding an Azur NF - it's just the perfect colour and style combination for the upcoming warm weather!

I love my NF GM in Damier Ebene!! I am actually thinking about getting an Azur one sometime soon! Since I got my NF, I have put my Speedy away; it's just not that practical!

I have both :smile: I have used my NF for years and years, and it is such a great bag. Easy to toss on your shoulder....holds alot, looks good. I have never had any regrets. I have an Azur Speedy 30 as well, and I love her too! Totally different bags. The openess of the NF doesn't bother me at all, I have an MM. I thought it would, but the bag is deep, so I don't worry about it. I like the Speedy because it's more of a "ladylike" bag, and a classic LV. I like the zipper too. Azur is so beautiful! Good luck on your decsion. I don't think you can go wrong actually. You just need to decide if you want a handheld, or a tote!

I have both as well and love both for different reasons. It really depends on what your needs are and if you prefer a shoulder bag or handheld. I'm currently using my nf gm because I need to haul a lot of stuff around, but if I go out at night (without dbs) then I use my speedy. If you do go with the nf, I would skip the PM because it's pretty tiny and just doesn't have the presence that the bigger nfs have. The speedy vs nf topic is discussed quite often so check out past threads for more perspective. Good luck and post modeling pics when you make your purchase