Awkward moment...

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
What would you do if you were at the hair salon in the middle of the day on a weekday and you saw your husband's employee getting her hair done (but she didn't see you). The same employee he always complains about because she never gets any work done, she's always late with stuff and she randomly disappears in the middle of the day all the time or else just doesn't show up to work until the afternoon. The same employee he was already thinking about firing. Would you tell your husband you saw her. Ugh... so awkward.

What would you do if you were at the hair salon in the middle of the day on a weekday and you saw your husband's employee getting her hair done (but she didn't see you). The same employee he always complains about because she never gets any work done, she's always late with stuff and she randomly disappears in the middle of the day all the time or else just doesn't show up to work until the afternoon. The same employee he was already thinking about firing. Would you tell your husband you saw her. Ugh... so awkward.

Yes, I would tell my husband. Unless your husband is allowing her to come and go as she pleases, then she shouldn't expect to be out and about in public getting her hair done and not be noticed. When she decided to go to that appointment, she took that chance. If she isn't giving your dh the work that she is paid to do, then he needs to know and take the proper measures. Doesn't sound like she cares that much about her job to me...

i would definitely tell my husband....but that is as far as i would take it. some people (like my mom) would have no problem going right up to the girl and saying, 'oh so THIS is why hubby says you never get anything done'. i would NEVER do that.

i would tell him, definitely. i don't know if she is paid hourly or she is on a salary...hourly she isn't getting paid to faff about...salary, she is taking money to "work" though she is most likely shopping or getting her hair and nails did....

Sounds like she's not a good employee from her previous experience at your husband's company. However, is it possible that this employee took vacation time in the middle of the day to be at the hair appointment? Or that she might work late the same day to make up for the time that she was at the hair appointment?

You just don't know. So, I think it's better not to mention the fact that you saw her at the hair salon.

Your husband's company needs to document any time that the employee is on an unexcused absence from her job. If she's late or disappears from work, or shows up to work in the afternoon without calling in first - all of these types of incidents should be documented. She should be given a warning or 2nd warning, and then fired. But the company needs to document everything so that they have a legal reason to fire the employee.

Tell him! The employee is getting paid to do WORK not to go get her hair done! It's understandable to leave work for an emergency, but it sounds like she's not doing any work at all!

Agree with all the above. No need to make a big deal of it, and it doesn't sound like you're going to be telling him anything that he doesn't know, anyway. Just confirming the concerns he already has.

I would say something like, "I didn't know _________ gets her hair done at the same place I do!" ;) I am sure the conversation will grow from there!

I would have walked up to her and said hi ;)