awkward fake lv situation...

llkimpossible

Dec 2, 2009
Has this happened to you?
So im hanging out at my nephews work and a lady comes in while im on the laptop. I was just skimming through some threads and she looks over my shoulder all excited about the purses. Then she shows me her obviouslyyy(this bag was all over the place!) fake LV purse she said her bf got for her for like 100 dollars really proud and happy about it. I didnt really know how to act! lol so i was just all smiles and ooohs and ahhhs.
When you see fakes do you call them out? Or just let them think what they want? What if it was a friend instead of a stranger? I dont know this was just so awkward i wanted to see how you ladies react....:P

I do want to call them out however unless we are really close I don't. If it is a good friend i explain why fakes are so bad and try to stear her in the right direction. Otherwise I just smile and try to change the subject.

I definitely would have done the same, I am non confrontational at heart... and maybe she knew it was fake but didn't care?

Either way, DEFINITELY awkward! :weird:

Yeah, one time I was waiting for take out at a sushi place.. A lady with a fake Vernis wallet with a studs sat down beside me. She saw that I had a vernis cles and then she started INSPECTING and wiping down her own wallet really obviously in front of me.
I didn't really care for it since I was texting on my phone, but then her daughter sits down beside her and they start talking in Mandarin about how fake my cles is.
I guess they thought I didn't speak the language, but I just looked directly at them and smiled as soon as I heard it..

Has this happened to you?
So im hanging out at my nephews work and a lady comes in while im on the laptop. I was just skimming through some threads and she looks over my shoulder all excited about the purses. Then she shows me her obviouslyyy(this bag was all over the place!) fake LV purse she said her bf got for her for like 100 dollars really proud and happy about it. I didnt really know how to act! lol so i was just all smiles and ooohs and ahhhs.
When you see fakes do you call them out? Or just let them think what they want? What if it was a friend instead of a stranger? I dont know this was just so awkward i wanted to see how you ladies react....:P

You handled it perfectly!;)

I believe it's NEVER wise to bring it to the forefront that their items is fake, let's be honest...most of the time...they KNOW what they have is FAKE...so why point it out??? Let them act like YOUR things are fake. who cares!??? You know it's not, so let them keep living in their fantasy life of oblivion. :smile:

ooooooh I have had an awkward situation exactly like that before too! Actually, plus another one that was discussed openly....

A lady I worked with (she was my boss at that time) had all these fake things. BAD fakes. LV, Chanel... from wallet to sunglasses to shoes... I mean that's like ALL she'd ever use. So, we were pretty close and it got to a point where I asked, "You don't feel uncomfortable using all these fakes knowing that people MIGHT (I wanted to say, obviously CAN) tell?" She replied, "haha, NO, nobody can ever tell. It's exactly the same. And why would I care, they are REAL." And when she said real, she said, this is a real bag. It has a zipper and it holds my stuff. What else would you call this if it's not a bag?

I was kinda irritated, but just sorta laughed at her. She was the kinda person that pretended she was rich and high class and all that. I'm happy we don't talk anymore! LOL

i was in a similar situation some time back.. moved to a new city and made a new friend, who was never into the whole luxury goods game, which is fine, but then she saw my bag and said that her mom got her a genuine chanel bag as a present, and since I didnt know her very well then I obviusly assumed she was telling the truth. The next time we went out, she carried the "chanel" and it was totally fake.. and real BAD FAKE. And she proudly showed the bag to me and even told me the price at which her mother bought it, which was less than a fraction of what a genuine Chanel would cost. She obviously didnt know better about these products and belived in her heart that her bag was genuine.. then a few months of being with me she realised that her bag could not have been genuine!
now of course she buys genuine.. very few, but real. so thats good!

I will just smile and, unless it's a close friend and it sounds like she's been scammed e.g. paid the price of an authentic piece but got a replica instead, I won't interfere as it can be quite a sensitive issue.