awkward experience at Neiman's!!!

Jealousy is not pretty lol!!! Honestly though - I wonder what I would respond if someone said that to me? You can never judge a book by it's cover, nor a 'bag' lady by her car IMO! I drive a Toyota and absolutely love it!! So do my H bags....Some people have the whole package along with their love of Hermes bags...and some work Hermes bags into their lives no matter what they drive (or don't drive as some really don't have the need for a car)......interesting though, and pretty sad IMO...imagine how insecure and what low self esteem that lady must have to lash out....

it sounds silly but that was sort of in the back of my mind all the time. i drive a black Mercedes, but its not the top S class. or when i'm riding in my girlfriends Honda and my Birkin is in the backseat. it feels a little strange. so i think "my own car is nice but its not a Bentley." and "my girlfriends car is a Honda" and "how will it look coming out of either?"
the answer is, really...who cares. i think a genuine, authentic bag speaks for itself.

oh.. honda is not bad. i don't own a car myself either (taking public transport is fast in Hong Kong)...
So what do you think if a lady taking birkin in metro? i've read on another forum that they'd never do so...
Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was photographed on the subway with her birkin. Personally I don't think your mode of transportation shold be indicative of what you can and cannot afford in other areas. bIll Gates drives a modest car. But lives in an expensive home and has other expensive items. Those ladies were ignorant to think and say such a thing. Besides, that could have been that woman's "bum around" car. She could have six other cars at home. They have NO idea.

i love hondas! should y've had a subaru and 2 hondas and if i ever get a car again i would only get a honda or a mazda. they're just the cars i like. i don't think choice of car has anything to do with what you can afford. some people like fancier cars some don't. it's also about priorities. i wouldn't spend a lot of money on a car. my brother has a bmw and i was shocked that it cost more than double my yearly salary. never. but to each his own. i take my lv and spency bags on the bus and subway. i'm not going to pay for a cab or towncar when i need to go anywhere just because i'm carrying a nice bag. my bags fit my lifestyle. they don't dictate it.

My ex-boyfriend's father owned a string of hotels and collected cars as a hobby. Some people collect stamps, this guy collected cars. Name it, he had it. Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, vintage gull-wing Mercedes, 1977 VW beetle with only 300 miles on it. He kept them in specially built garages and kept a mechanic on retainer. What did HE drive? An old beat up Dodge van that was over 12 years old and cost him more to maintain than the car was worth. Why? He liked it, plain and simple.

Oh, this is too funny. Two grown women behaving like teenagers in high school over a car and a handbag!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Now I really wonder what people say behind my back when they see me with my H bags getting out of my Toyota wearing my Levi's and cheap T's from Target!

Oh, this is too funny. Two grown women behaving like teenagers in high school over a car and a handbag!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Now I really wonder what people say behind my back when they see me with my H bags getting out of my Toyota wearing my Levi's and cheap T's from Target!
Well, next time you come to NYC, I'll make sure to point at you and scream "FAKE!!!"

Hahaha this is funny.

I used to help run events for some of the biggest names in their industries. They made trends, or shaped financial futures! And they ALWAYS (without exception) showed up in jeans, in taxi's, or whatever was most comfortable. They were usually the most casual in the room!

There's a little expression in DC retail - downtown you'll get better service if you're dressed down! As long as you're not a map-totin-tourist, it's a sure sign you've got money if show up to have shoes made wearing a bball cap and jeans.

REAL MONEY goes under the radar. Always has.

Oiy......Couldn't sleep! It's pitch black here and I'm up and slogging through all my eMails in my robe and fuzzy slippers. Need some coffee though as I'm this close to pressing a BIN for something I really don't need but can't seem to be able to imagine life without...................

I drive an 11 year old Honda Accord. I hope someday to own an Hermes bag but have many LVs and none of them are fake! I live in New England so the winters can be brutal on cars. For me, it's not a priority to have an expensive car. I would rather spend my money on other things rather then impressing anyone with the kind of car I drive. It's a means to get from point A to B. If it's important to you have have an expensive luxury car then do it but one can't assume because someone drives a moderate car they can't afford the real thing in bags and such. If you've ever read "The Millionaire Next Door" you learn that it's sometimes the richest people driving 10 yo Buicks and Chevys and living in very small houses. I think those ladies at Neiman's were out of line but you can't control what people think and say.

That's just my 2 cents.

The women who talked among themselves were catty, the woman who screamed at them is questionable too. Did she have to scream in retaliation? It kind of brings her down to their level? I have no trouble telling people "yes, it's real", or "no, it's inspired."

I might not be wealthy, but I can't see myself screaming away at a couple of ignorant women and looking good at all.

I wore my tennis bracelet on the subway once and a group started talking about whether my bracelet was real or not, and was it safe on the train. I didn't bother to get uppity or disturbed, and it was very interesting to listen to their conversation. I didn't feel they were being nasty, just having a conversation among themselves. It all sounded very innocent to me.