Awful repair customer service experience

Jenny1221

Aug 11, 2020
Anyone else have an awful experience with the repair customer service? Sent South Bank Besace to replace metal that attaches the strap and two brass decorative pieces that had fallen off. They were repairing at no cost. Mailed out to Canada (from NY) on August 20th. Expected bag back in 6-8 weeks as per rep I spoke to. Ok, fine. Constantly checking repair status online and seeing "repair in status" message. Finally called today and was told the bag was actually shipped back to me on SEPTEMBER 19!! Customer service rep say attempted delivery and bag was returned due to not being able to deliver package. She sent me the tracking and that's NOT what the tracking says. It says "out for delivery" then five hours later "package damaged" and was being returned to sender. How has my bag been sitting back in Canada FOR A MONTH back at the repair center and nobody thinks to contact me??? Not UPS not Louis. Repair was closed so the rep couldn't contact them tonight so they are supposed to call me tomorrow. Anyone else have an experience like this? So so so so disappointed and upset.

louis tracking.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MeepMeep67
Anyone else have an awful experience with the repair customer service? Sent South Bank Besace to replace metal that attaches the strap and two brass decorative pieces that had fallen off. They were repairing at no cost. Mailed out to Canada (from NY) on August 20th. Expected bag back in 6-8 weeks as per rep I spoke to. Ok, fine. Constantly checking repair status online and seeing "repair in status" message. Finally called today and was told the bag was actually shipped back to me on SEPTEMBER 19!! Customer service rep say attempted delivery and bag was returned due to not being able to deliver package. She sent me the tracking and that's NOT what the tracking says. It says "out for delivery" then five hours later "package damaged" and was being returned to sender. How has my bag been sitting back in Canada FOR A MONTH back at the repair center and nobody thinks to contact me??? Not UPS not Louis. Repair was closed so the rep couldn't contact them tonight so they are supposed to call me tomorrow. Anyone else have an experience like this? So so so so disappointed and upset.

View attachment 4884242
Very sorry u have to go thru this. Terrible.

Reactions: Jenny1221
Thanks. It's Ontario, Canada, though. Not California. Very strange :sad:
Its Ontario, California where LV has their warehouse neat Los Angeles. I have lot of experience with repair with Louis Vuitton. The online repair timeline always is inaccurate and lags a bit. But LV is really great with their repair services and making it right. Don't worry, don't lose patience and don't get offensive with them They are very good for standing by their brand. It will be OK. Worse case if your bag doesn't get to you, they will give you a new bag or store credit.

Its Ontario, California where LV has their warehouse neat Los Angeles. I have lot of experience with repair with Louis Vuitton. The online repair timeline always is inaccurate and lags a bit. But LV is really great with their repair services and making it right. Don't worry, don't lose patience and don't get offensive with them They are very good for standing by their brand. It will be OK. Worse case if your bag doesn't get to you, they will give you a new bag or store credit.
Interesting. I could have sworn I was told it was headed to Canada! Lol. Didn’t even know Ontario, California was a thing! Glad to hear they normally do the right thing. At this point a store credit is completely fine, just annoyed with the lack of communication. Thanks for sharing your experience

Interesting. I could have sworn I was told it was headed to Canada! Lol. Didn’t even know Ontario, California was a thing! Glad to hear they normally do the right thing. At this point a store credit is completely fine, just annoyed with the lack of communication. Thanks for sharing your experience
No problem. I have had several repairs done for few years. They have a huge repair warehouse in California and Secaucus, NJ. I have several Chanel and Gucci bags. I have had not so happy experiences with them but every time Louis Vuitton has been wonderful. They have done free of cost even if it is pre loved bags. I have heard they have even given store credit to people knowing it was bought pre loved. Chanel won't even entertain if you are not in their system or original receipts. You will be fine. Just stay on top of things with CS. I also feel box was damaged and might have tried to steal enroute. Deperate times, you see. Because I ordered a Toiletry 26 online and the box came totally damaged like someone had broke open and things were falling out. Luckily my item was OK. I was so upset. All the best with your bag. Keep us posted.

I highly suggest you sign up for a UPS account, if you don't have one. It's free too. Whenever a package is being sent to me, UPS will send me a text, email, and app notification. I actually get all of those notifications before the sender has even contacted me about a shipment on the way.

Just today I got messages from UPS about a package from LV arriving tomorrow (my repair). LV didn't contact me saying they shipped my bag, or that it was even finished. Logging onto my account, it shows that my bag is still being repaired. Anyway, I'm glad UPS let me know, since it requires a signature and I wouldn't have been around otherwise.

I highly suggest you sign up for a UPS account, if you don't have one. It's free too. Whenever a package is being sent to me, UPS will send me a text, email, and app notification. I actually get all of those notifications before the sender has even contacted me about a shipment on the way.

Just today I got messages from UPS about a package from LV arriving tomorrow (my repair). LV didn't contact me saying they shipped my bag, or that it was even finished. Logging onto my account, it shows that my bag is still being repaired. Anyway, I'm glad UPS let me know, since it requires a signature and I wouldn't have been around otherwise.
Thanks! I actually do have one and when I went back to my shipping history I did see the tracking number in there. I guess I had ordered so many things it got lost in the mix
, and since it didn’t say Louis Vuitton I didn’t realize that was my bag tracking number. :sad:

On the tracking it says United states below Ontario. It's definitely a city in SoCal.

I'm sorry you experienced this! When I had my wallet repaired, they never informed me when they were sending it back. Thankfully I had UPS account and it just said a package was coming so I made sure someone was there to get whatever it was. I was really shocked with their customer service, they never even told me when they received the package either when I sent it in even though their email said they would. You'd think with such an expensive item they'd notify you when it was on its way because not all of us are home ready to receive it. :shocked:
I hope they can sort this out for you and you can get it back safe and sound.

Reactions: Jenny1221