Awful music video - MGMT Kids *some may find it disturbing- I did*

Nicole Bitchie

Shallow gal'
O.G.
Aug 13, 2006
MTV was on and I happened to catch this video, I have to say it is one of the most disturbing videos I have ever seen.
It actually made me cry, I felt so bad for the little boy. Maybe it affected me so badly because I have a 16 month old son, but still.
I can't believe that they can get away with making such a foul video?:wtf:
Anyone else seen this and thought the same thing?

http://www.mtv.com/videos/mgmt/401651/kids.jhtml

Just awful!

I've just watched this for the first time and I can see why you might get upset. I actually really love this song, this and Time to Pretend must be my most played songs on my Ipod recently. You have to think that there's lots of clever editing going on and that the childs parents must have been involved in and supervising the filming.

Is that the video where the boy is constantly scared, separated from the mom and wandering? I was flipping channels a while back and saw that and sat there for the whole 3+ minutes wondering what effect this had on the baby.

I actually love this song, this and Electric Feel. I don't watch MTV anymore though so I haven't come across the video.

Edit: okay so I clicked and watched. The first part's just creepy!!! I didn't even finish watching it! I'm sure the parents were there and all but why would you subject your child to something like that :wacko:

In reality I don't think the child was subjected to anything. It's pretty normal that a child cries sometimes and they just recorded it and added the creepy stuff in the computer.

You don't have to feel sad for the actual child, but if you find the mood of the video disturbing that's another thing.

Is that the video where the boy is constantly scared, separated from the mom and wandering? I was flipping channels a while back and saw that and sat there for the whole 3+ minutes wondering what effect this had on the baby.

Yes, it's that video.
I actually like the song, so thats why I looked up when I heard it came on. Now, I have worked with televison production and I know all of the tricks in the book to make things seem like they are something else.
But the reactions of the boy are real and they have obviously scared him with something. A child that young can't act that well.

Why would you let someone film you child when he's crying and trying to crawl away from something and then to have clawlike hands trying to lift him up?
As a parent I just don't get why you would willingly subject your child to such antics. Fake or not, I guess I just don't understand what kind of a mother would be comfortable watching her child seemingly come under attack like that.

As mentioned im pretty sure that they made the video with just the babys natural reactions and then just editing it. Even still, I think its absolutely pointless and tasteless.

UGH! I just watched it and I turned it off after about 30 seconds. Sure it could've been edited but the monster hands grabbing him in the very beginning wasn't and that poor baby was scared! I really felt so bad for him!

Yeah, that part at the beginning is a little . . . hmmm.

They do assure people that no children were harmed in the filming of this video. And I'm sure his parent(s)/guardian(s) knew exactly what was going to happen during the shoot before they let their little boy be in the video.

The only think I was thinking was that he's probably not properly secured when he was in the car.

To me, the video is more odd than anything else.

Even if all the monsters (or whatever they're called) were CGI, the kid was cleary upset by something. I'm guessing some idiotic stage mom wanted just wanted to get her kid in a video. So wrong!!