Awful buyer!!!!

If you stated on ur auction that it is sheer, you shouldnt have to refund her ANYTHING, she should assume all responsibility, if she opens a dispute, she cant win. You STATED that it was sheer. This reminds me of this buyer that wanted me to refund a burberry bag i sold, I wrote down the dimensions and stated clearly there ARE no refunds unless its not an authentic item. She complained that it was too small and would settle if I refund her 50 dollars or else, she wants me to pay HER to ship the bag back to me... and i refused... sge opened a dispute and lost :]

DO NOT REFUND HER ANYTHING! If she can't read, it's her own fault. Elementary education in this country is free; it's not your fault that she wasted it.

Well, if it were me I wouldn't refund her the $10 and would just take the negative, chances are she'll leave you one anyway. You can respond to her feedback just as other sellers did, I wouldn't let one negative worry you too much. I would offer to take the dress back (at her expense of shipping back) if she's not happy and tell her you'll issue a refund upon return. But no to the $10, I know it's just ten bucks but sometimes it's standing up for yourself and the principal of the thing.

If she's bid on your other auctions, have they ended yet? You can cancel her bids and by all means block her!

Linda

Oh honey I am sooo sorry!! She seems to be AWFUL in ALL ways.I too agree what you are doing is correct.I too think as most of the girls do ...if you gave her the inital $10 where does it stop...now $5 for the other $15 for the other and so on...she is a BULLY ,and must be stopped.Who cares if you went back on the inital agreement of giving her $10 ---You smartly realized it was NOT fair,or right!!!! IMO she will give you 3 neg NO MATTER WHAT..So agreed with most girls keep the money and be done with her hopefully ebay will remove the negs and if not leave a non emotional only factual follow ups.Just remember even the best of the best do have neg ,and all buyers will see this is a crazy woman... do not worry!!! :hugs::smooch:

Thanks so much abbiesmommy. I agree that she will most likely give me three negatives no matter what I do. I emailed her last night to let her know that I spoke to ebay and since I stated in my auction that the dress was sheer I do not have to give her a partial refund. I told her to please ship the dress back to me if she is not happy with it and I will refund her if the dress is in the same condition. I have not heard back from her yet. I'm sure she is going to wait until she receives the other two dresses, which show they were delivered a week ago and then try to get more money out of me and then leave 3 negatives. I have decided that I cannot control what this buyer is going to to do and I have blocked her from ever buying from me again.

And I wouldn't necessarily worry about 3 negs if they were all from one buyer, as long as it doesn't damage your overall percentage too much. When I read through the negs and see they were all from one person, I think well, if they were upset with one transaction, obviousy they were going to take the opportunity to leave as many negs as they could. And when the seller responds calmly and factually, and the neg is inconsistant with all of their other feedback, I assume they just met up with one wacko.

Thank you sydney-1980. I feel the same way now too. I'm not going to worry and get all upset about this buyer, since I have no control of what she will do.

LOL! This buyer give neg feedback whether you refund or not. Ebay may help the op but for all of the other sellers who didn't speak up they are SOL. Also I should note, I'm primarily a buyer on ebay and I think this buyer is appalling. 30 days to report problems is a racket and she buys A LOT then waits 30 days to complain...methinks something stinks.

I feel the same way about this buyer. She is taking advantage of sellers and I'm sure she is probably reselling these designer dresses under another ebay ID.

If you stated on ur auction that it is sheer, you shouldnt have to refund her ANYTHING, she should assume all responsibility, if she opens a dispute, she cant win. You STATED that it was sheer. This reminds me of this buyer that wanted me to refund a burberry bag i sold, I wrote down the dimensions and stated clearly there ARE no refunds unless its not an authentic item. She complained that it was too small and would settle if I refund her 50 dollars or else, she wants me to pay HER to ship the bag back to me... and i refused... sge opened a dispute and lost :]

I'm sorry to hear about your buyer that wanted you to refund a burberry bag that you sold. I'm so glad to hear she lost the dispute. My biggest fear is selling one of my LV handbags or CL shoes and have a mean buyer like this one that I have.

DO NOT REFUND HER ANYTHING! If she can't read, it's her own fault. Elementary education in this country is free; it's not your fault that she wasted it.

I feel the same way AmassadorBri. At first I was going to give her a partial refund, because I want my buyers to be happy and I also did not want this lady to ruin my feedback, but when I read all of the great comments on this board I came to my senses.

I feel the same way about this buyer. She is taking advantage of sellers and I'm sure she is probably reselling these designer dresses under another ebay ID.

I'm not familiar with these dresses, are there a lot of them on Ebay? I was just wondering if you could spot the auctions later where she may be trying to sell them. That could be another reason she loves to leave negatives for sellers, to try and stifle the competition.

I think your attitude is great! You're right, you cannot control what she's going to do now but you at least have control over your part in it. You can feel good about not letting yourself be taken advantage of.

Linda

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with these dresses, are there a lot of them on Ebay? I was just wondering if you could spot the auctions later where she may be trying to sell them. That could be another reason she loves to leave negatives to sellers, to try and stifle the competition.

I think your attitude is great! You're right, you cannot control what she's going to do now but you at least have control over your part in it. You can feel good about not letting yourself be taken advantage of.

Linda

Thank you Linda. Yes, DVF dresses are pretty popular on ebay. They usually sell for $400 and up for retail and you can find some rare and vintage prints on ebay for $200 or less. I'm going to be watching to see if some of the DVF dresses that she has bought are listed on ebay. I know it's hard to tell when it's a popular style or a recent style, but it's hard to find some of the DVF vintage styles.

Thank you sydney-1980. I feel the same way now too. I'm not going to worry and get all upset about this buyer, since I have no control of what she will do.

Good attitude! I usually only hold negs against sellers when they have multiple (depending on how much they sell, of course) from different people. Nobody's perfect. And I read the complaints and the sellers RESPONSE. So make sure your response to her doesn't sound immature or like an attack. When people write in all caps, or with overly hostile remarks, I tend to wonder how they would treat me if something were to go wrong.

I did send her an email back and told her that she could ship the dress back to me and I would refund her or I would giver her a partial refund, so she could buy a camisole. This was her response:
"Ok,please refund $10. I like this dress. Thank you."

She's being nice so she can get $10.00 back.

Yes, I think the mistake (although, you didn't know it at the time!) was to give her the partial refund option, at all.

I'm not against partial refunds if an item arrives in SNAD condition, or something important wasn't mentioned, but I do think they should be refused if the 'issue' was honestly disclosed in the listing.

Had you known that, at the time, it would have been better to not offer a partial and just say return for full refund minus shipping, or nothing.

Of course, it's very easy to be wise after the event! :smile: