Awesome Antony Club

My DH just read this line of my sholder and thought it was "unsurprising" and called us all a bunch of addicts! :nuts:

Your DH is right!!
By the way Cat, your Anthony looks great, but I love the brown top your wearing :heart: I nearly bought this top in Fat Face but didn't for some reason (illness perhaps) now seeing it on you i wish i had... ahhh! :greengrin:

Your DH is right!!
By the way Cat, your Anthony looks great, but I love the brown top your wearing :heart: I nearly bought this top in Fat Face but didn't for some reason (illness perhaps) now seeing it on you i wish i had... ahhh! :greengrin:

Ah thansk shopaholicmum, it was a birthday pressie from my friend, she has the best taste! I love it lots!

Took a pic this morning of Antony :smile:

As I said, it was faulty.
Well, not exactly faulty, it was a returned item with quite a bit of rain spotting all over the bag.

Back home, I slightly rubbed and bent the leather to make the marks less visible, then a good Collinil treatment, a bit of polishing and voila.

What do you think ladies?

Attachments

• IMG_1156_size600.JPG
    IMG_1156_size600.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 165
Your Antony has cleaned up beautifully, well done on the Collinil treatment and polishing, it already looks like it has a nice patina on it, brilliant.

The Antony has proven to be my best bag purchase this year in terms of usability. I use it every day and am so happy with it that I'm now considering another, not sure what colour yet.

I think you've done really well with this bag, I won't ask you the price, it'll probably make me cry :P

Took a pic this morning of Antony :smile:

As I said, it was faulty.
Well, not exactly faulty, it was a returned item with quite a bit of rain spotting all over the bag.

Back home, I slightly rubbed and bent the leather to make the marks less visible, then a good Collinil treatment, a bit of polishing and voila.

What do you think ladies?

Wow they look great, never thought much to them on the website but in use/on the body it looks nice.
Roughly how much can you fit in an Anthony? I used to have a messenger bag before i bought my Bays (it was bigger than the Anthony though,) and i do love the ease of hands free bags. Also, how adjustable is the strap? I'm quite short and don't like messenger bags to sit too low. Does it let you shorten it so you can put it over a shoulder as well as across the body?

I think i want one! I've decided i really want an Oak Bays too, can't really get both so soon. It probably makes sense to buy an Anthony first though, then i can have a Bays and a messenger style to choose from. I probably can't get a new Bays before the price increase anyway so it doesn't matter how late I leave it.

Gosh don't tell the DH how much i'm spending lately!

If you look on the What's IN you Bag? thread, there are a couple of pictures on there of what you can fit into an Antony.

Mapplecottage, Pixie : Thanks ^_^ I'm really happy with my purchase.

I almost missed the chance to buy it yesterday, as at first, I left the shop empty handed.
Hubby convinced me, saying the price was good and the rainmarks were not that bad AND if I wasn't fully happy with it, he'd get me a new one :smile:

Mapplecottage, Pixie : Thanks ^_^ I'm really happy with my purchase.

I almost missed the chance to buy it yesterday, as at first, I left the shop empty handed.
Hubby convinced me, saying the price was good and the rainmarks were not that bad AND if I wasn't fully happy with it, he'd get me a new one :smile:

I think you did good getting this. Did they have any Oak Special outlet (no pocket) antony's there or just this one?

I tend to not worry too much about a few rain marks (depending on how bad they are) because it is going to get marked anyway - especially this kind of "throw on" bag in Oak.

I think you did good getting this. Did they have any Oak Special outlet (no pocket) antony's there or just this one?

I tend to not worry too much about a few rain marks (depending on how bad they are) because it is going to get marked anyway - especially this kind of "throw on" bag in Oak.

Hi Ali, I saw an oak Anthony in Shepton last week, but can't remember if it was the no pocket one

Ali,
No, I didn't see any oak pocketless Antony.
Just 2 rain marked oak Antonys in natural leather.

Congrats Palachan, this looks like a great bag, and if its already slightly marked u won't have to worry about babying it (I find the first marks are always the worst!) So u can just throw it on and go.