awe crud! i got a dud!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
so, i bought a MBMJ faridah last week on ebay. i got it today. in the description it said "gently handled" what i got has grease spots on the bottom, a dirty handle which is coming undone on one side and there's gum wrappers in the pockets. i want to return it. im bummed...but oh well. now, since i've never had to do this before, can someone tell me if it's proper etiquette to email the seller first, or should i just file a SNAD??

thank goodness i have a lou coming later to make this all go away...

Awww That sucks major .... I would email the seller first. Just you know say.... Dude, whats up with the grease? And wheres the gum for my wrappers? And how gentle were you with the handle thats falling off?

Seriously though write the seller tell her you would like to send it back as it is not as described. if she says no can do. Snad her baby.

first, i'm sorry to hear that your faridah wasn't in the shape as described. that really sucks. i would contact the seller first to see how cooperative they will be then when you find that they won't allow you to return the bag, file the snad through ebay. you'll get your refund for sure one way or another. ebay has been screwing over their sellers, but, on the upside, they've been accomodating to all the buyers.

well, here's the thing. i should have gotten this bag yesterday. the seller never emailed me letting me know when the item was mailed, i ended up getting an email from UPS...i emailed them asking a question, no reply. then yesterday when i got a 'signature required delivery reroute' notice on my door, because they required signature, which i had no clue of after the fact. again i emailed the seller, no reply. so i dunno if it's even worth trying to talk to them....

aw, jun, I'm so sorry to hear this. i understand the disappointment. *hugs*

there is very good advice posted here, definitely email the seller. When you send the Faridah back to the seller (which you will have to do before she refunds you), I recommend that you use Signature Confirmation in addition to US Postal insurance. That way you are fully protected should anything go awry. (Does it sound like I've done this before? :yes:)

Sorry you got a dud!
I would still e-mail the seller first. Maybe they're out of town or something and that's why they didn't reply.
It's better to not have things blow up, if you can help it. So at least let the seller know you're unhappy about the bag.

It's been my experience recently that there are a lot of sellers who won't bother to reply to your valid concerns until after you light a little item not received/snad fire under their rear! :devil: Funny how folks' priorities change when the possibility of losing $ comes into the picture.

Contact the seller through ebay and send an email to their paypal address and give them 24 hours to respond. If there's no response, then file a claim with paypal.

UG i hate ebay duds :tdown: I hope this is resolved rather quickly. it's always a pain in the arse either way :rolleyes:

How does lou look?? man, i'm so behind in the MJ news... paste me the relevant links please!!

Sorry Jun! It happens to the best of us. PP will definitely side with you - not as described with damage/wear is too hard for them to validate so they will always side with the buyers.

Signature confirmation is not that much more - worth it.